Building trunk with java disabled

Yuri Dario-2
Hi,

I already built the trunk on OS/2 manually skipping the java stuffs
(our latest JVM is java 6).

So yesterday I configured the build with --without-java: while
configure correctly disabled java, I discovered that gbuild still
tries to build java-related projects

Is this correct or I still have some misconfigured file left from
previous build?

thanks

--
Bye,

        Yuri Dario

Re: Building trunk with java disabled

Matthias Seidel
Hi Yuri,

Am 12.10.2018 um 16:29 schrieb Yuri Dario:

> Hi,
>
> I already built the trunk on OS/2 manually skipping the java stuffs
> (our latest JVM is java 6).
>
> So yesterday I configured the build with --without-java: while
> configure correctly disabled java, I discovered that gbuild still
> tries to build java-related projects
>
> Is this correct or I still have some misconfigured file left from
> previous build?
My understanding is that --without-java should disable Java completely.
So I suspect a glitch in our gbuild migration.

Can you name an affected module? Damjan should know best.

BTW: Did you already try branch416 for OS/2? ;-)

Regards,
   Matthias

> thanks

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Building trunk with java disabled

Damjan Jovanovic
On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 3:48 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Yuri,
>
> Am 12.10.2018 um 16:29 schrieb Yuri Dario:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I already built the trunk on OS/2 manually skipping the java stuffs
> > (our latest JVM is java 6).
> >
> > So yesterday I configured the build with --without-java: while
> > configure correctly disabled java, I discovered that gbuild still
> > tries to build java-related projects
> >
> > Is this correct or I still have some misconfigured file left from
> > previous build?
>
> My understanding is that --without-java should disable Java completely.
> So I suspect a glitch in our gbuild migration.
>
> Can you name an affected module? Damjan should know best.

Java and Ant are now mandatory components.

Regards
Damjan

Re: Building trunk with java disabled

Yuri Dario-2
Hi Damjan,

> Java and Ant are now mandatory components.

good to know, thanks! luckily I still can build most java related
modules.

--
Bye,

        Yuri Dario