C# port

Joachim Van den Bogaert
Hi,

I am developing a C# .NET port for the hunspell library.  I used SWIG to generate wrappers for the unmanaged C++ code.

This all seemed to work. My unit tests for Dutch gave the expected results.

When I tried out Russian however, I found that my tests were breaking. First I thought that it had something to do with the KOI8-R encoding,

so I transcoded the .aff and .dic files to UTF-8 (I also changed the header in the .aff file). But still, the .NET version does not recognize the word  "язык".

I also made the C# library compatible with 64bit systems. I thought this could also be a cause for the code not to work properly,

but my tests behave exactly the same way on x86 and x64. So I still suspect that the files have something to do with it.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?

Currently, these are my C# interfaces. Am I missing something?

        public NetHunSpell(string affixPath, string dictionaryPath)

        public bool Spell(string word)

        public string GetDictionaryEncoding()

Regards,

Joachim

____________________________________
YAMAGATA EUROPE

Maaltecenter Blok G, Derbystraat 365
9051 Gent (SDW) BELGIUM
T: 32.9.245.48.31 / Mobile: 32.476.65.65.97
E: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

W: www.yamagata-europe.com <http://www.yamagata-europe.com>

W: www.qa-distiller.com <http://www.qa-distiller.com>

____________________________________

Disclaimer:
This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use by the person(s) mentioned as recipient(s). This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights. You may not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy this e-mail (or any part of this email) unless with approval of Yamagata Europe. If you receive this message by mistake, please notify the sender with the "reply" option and delete immediately all copies from your system.

Re: C# port

Dewi Bryn Jones
Hi Joachim,

The following article might be some help? (not that I completely
understand what the problem is from your description)

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/string/StringConvertor.aspx

Hwyl,
Dewi

Ysgrifennodd Joachim Van den Bogaert:

--
Dewi Bryn Jones

Uned Technolegau Iaith, / Language Technologies Unit,
Safle'r Normal,         / Normal Site,
Prifysgol Bangor,       / Bangor University,
Bangor,                 / Bangor,
Gwynedd. LL57 2PX, UK   / Gwynedd. LL57 2PX, UK

E-Bost / E-Mail : d.b.jones at bangor.ac.uk
Gwe (Cymraeg)   : http://www.bangor.ac.uk/ar/cb/technolegau_iaith.php.cy
Web (English)   : http://www.bangor.ac.uk/ar/cb/technolegau_iaith.php.en
Ffôn / Tel      : +44 (0) 1248 383245 , +44 (0) 2921 250354
Skype : cb_dewi
Rhithfro / Blog : http://murmur.bangor.ac.uk

--
Mae'r e-bost yma'n amodol ar delerau ac amodau ymwadiad e-bost Prifysgol
Bangor. Gellir darllen testun llawn yr ymwadiad yma:

Re: -- port

Lars D. Noodén
Take a reality check, it might be best to upgrade the project plan
around Java.  First, the language is a more or less proprietary
imitation of java, which is available on all platforms and, to boot,
open source.  Second, the performance and design of java seems of higher
quality.

Lastly, this is a list for OpenOffice.org.  Use of java has no negative
effects, and maybe even some positive effects, on the marketshare of
openoffice.org and its new default format, OpenDocument.  In contrast,
the java imitation, in addition to the technical defects, helps create a
market positioned to lock out OOo and ODF as well as any other tools or
formats not controlled in Redmond.

Think before you code.  We're seeing astroturfers (of which the original
poster may not be) on other forums peddling that product.  Java is
generally the answer.

Regards,
-Lars

RE: -- port

Joachim Van den Bogaert
Hi,

Just to make my intentions clear: since I am not a C or C++ coder,
I find it hard to contribute to OOo without gaining deeper knowledge about these
Languages.

Creating the C# port is my way of getting to know the original code and the mindset behind it.
I hope you agree that this is a not a bad way of un-learning all .NET assumptions.

Regards,
Joachim