Calc improvement

Moisés Márquez Gil-2
Hi,

I need to select and process several cells in Calc at the same time. I cannot
copy these at the same time , for example. I think its trivial to do. If in the
selection the second and consecutives cells were vectors from the first it so
easy to do.
I have no such time to investigate it, but I will to try.

If anyone can help me I'll been thankful.

Re: Calc improvement

Eike Rathke
Hi Moisés,

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 13:33:06 +0200, Moisés Márquez Gil wrote:

> I need to select and process several cells in Calc at the same time. I cannot
> copy these at the same time , for example. I think its trivial to do. If in the
> selection the second and consecutives cells were vectors from the first it so
> easy to do.
> I have no such time to investigate it, but I will to try.

I'm not sure I understood your problem, but if it is about copying
selected multiple non-contiguous cells to the clipboard, it can't be
done.

  Eike

P.S.: As you're not subscribed to the mailing list you were posting to,
you will miss replies that are directed to the list only. When answering,
please reply only to the list (Reply-To header is set), not to my
personal account. Thanks.

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 GnuPG key 0x293C05FD:  997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD

Re: Calc improvement

Moisés Márquez Gil-2
Yes, this is the problem. But, why it can't be done ?

Thanx
> I'm not sure I understood your problem, but if it is about copying
> selected multiple non-contiguous cells to the clipboard, it can't be
> done.
>
>   Eike

Re: Calc improvement

Eike Rathke
Hi Moisés,

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:39:41 +0200, Moisés Márquez Gil wrote:

> Yes, this is the problem. But, why it can't be done ?

Well, copying a multi-selection to the clipboard isn't the problem.
Pasting the content is, as there is no definition how it should be
handled if, for example, the destination area selected is smaller or
larger than the original encompassing area, is a multi-selection itself,
or if the destination document is not a spreadsheet document at all.
Just to name a few.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 GnuPG key 0x293C05FD:  997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD

Re: Calc improvement

Moisés Márquez Gil-2
Hi,

My problem is in macros. When I select two or more cells and, for example, delete them it done well. But when I execute this macro later it do it in first cell only.

And, other macro problem. When I need to print a lot of sheets it only print the first page.

Thanx

> Well, copying a multi-selection to the clipboard isn't the problem.
> Pasting the content is, as there is no definition how it should be
> handled if, for example, the destination area selected is smaller or
> larger than the original encompassing area, is a multi-selection itself,
> or if the destination document is not a spreadsheet document at all.
> Just to name a few.
>
>   Eike

Re: Calc improvement

Eike Rathke
Hi Moisés,

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:28:43 +0200, Moisés Márquez Gil wrote:

> My problem is in macros. When I select two or more cells and, for example,
> delete them it done well. But when I execute this macro later it do it in
> first cell only.

For questions related to API usage in macros please use the
[hidden email] mailing list, so subscribe
mailto:[hidden email]

> And, other macro problem. When I need to print a lot of sheets it only
> print the first page.

Sounds like you have a print range defined for the first sheet. If print
ranges are defined, only those are printed.

For questions related to OOo usage please use the [hidden email]
mailing list, to subscribe mailto:[hidden email]
For Calc specific usage questions you may use the
[hidden email] list, to subscribe
mailto:[hidden email]

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 GnuPG key 0x293C05FD:  997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD

Re: Calc improvement

Gerrit Jasper
Moisés Márquez Gil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My problem is in macros. When I select two or more cells and, for
> example, delete them it done well. But when I execute this macro later
> it do it in first cell only.

Moisés,

What is the code in "this macro", or at least the relevant part of it?
I mean the part that selects cells and deletes their contents.
Do you pass arguments to that macro or do you set variables first?

Sincerely,
Gerrit Jasper

Re: Calc improvement

Gerrit Jasper
Gerrit Jasper wrote:

> Moisés Márquez Gil wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My problem is in macros. When I select two or more cells and, for
>> example, delete them it done well. But when I execute this macro
>> later it do it in first cell only.
>>

> Moisés,
>
> What is the code in "this macro", or at least the relevant part of it?
> I mean the part that selects cells and deletes their contents.
> Do you pass arguments to that macro or do you set variables first?
>
> Sincerely,
> Gerrit Jasper

Moisés,

Disregard my questions, please. I just found out that you switched to
the [api-dev] list.  I think there Stephan Wunderlich gave you the exact
answer you need . Unless you mean something entirely different of course.
I'll get to that on the other list.

Sincerely,
Gerrit Jasper.