Calc shows Sort greyed-out

Lee

Calc shows Sort greyed-out

Lee
Using version 3.2.1 in OoCalc, I have a list of movie names to sort. Whether I select all (CTRL A), select the specific columns, or select the range of cells, the Sort function under Tools is greyed out. Saving the file, closing and reopening didn't help.

Please advise; thanks much.    Lee

Re: Calc shows Sort greyed-out

Uwe Fischer-6
On 12/31/10 05:29, Lee wrote:
> Using version 3.2.1 in OoCalc, I have a list of movie names to sort. Whether
> I select all (CTRL A), select the specific columns, or select the range of
> cells, the Sort function under Tools is greyed out. Saving the file, closing
> and reopening didn't help.
>
> Please advise; thanks much.    Lee

Hello Lee,

Calc cannot sort with Edit->Changes->Record enabled. Temporarily disable
recording changes, sort, then enable change tracking again (if you need
that at all).

Uwe
--

Uwe Fischer | Technical Writer
Oracle Office GBU

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande

Re: Calc shows Sort greyed-out

codyhill
  >> Using version 3.2.1 in OoCalc, I have a list of
  movie names to sort. Whether
  >> I select all (CTRL A), select the specific
  columns, or select the range of
  >> cells, the Sort function under Tools is greyed
  out. Saving the file, closing
  >> and reopening didn't help.
  >>
  >> Please advise; thanks much. Lee
  >
  >Hello Lee,
  >
  >Calc cannot sort with Edit->Changes->Record
  enabled. Temporarily disable
  >recording changes, sort, then enable change
  tracking again (if you need
  >that at all).
  >
  >Uwe
  >--
  >
  >Uwe Fischer | Technical Writer
  >Oracle Office GBU
  >
  >ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Nagelsweg 55 |
  20097 Hamburg

  >ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
  >Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
  >Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
  >
  >Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung
  B.V.
  >Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
  >Handelsregister der Handelskammer
  Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
  >Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz, Marcel van de
  Molen, Alexander van der Ven

  >For additional commands, e-mail:
  [hidden email]