Quantcast

Calculations

Richard Kline
Hello

I have done something to screw up my spreadsheets.  When I want to do a calculation, I enter my formula in the formula bar (or cell) and when I hit enter, the formula shows up in the cell rather than the result.  For example:

Cell A1:   100
Cell A2:  100
Cell A3:  =A1+A2 (Should be 200)
Instead the cell contains =A1+A2

What have I done and what can I do to restore my spread sheet so I can show the results of the calculation rather than the formula?

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.

Dick Kline

Re: Calculations

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:24:44 -0400
Richard Kline <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have done something to screw up my spreadsheets.  When I want to do a calculation, I enter my formula in the formula bar (or cell) and when I hit enter, the formula shows up in the cell rather than the result.  For example:
>
> Cell A1:   100
> Cell A2:  100
> Cell A3:  =A1+A2 (Should be 200)
> Instead the cell contains =A1+A2
>
> What have I done and what can I do to restore my spread sheet so I can show the results of the calculation rather than the formula?
>
> Thank you very much for your kind assistance.
>
> Dick Kline

/Tools /Options /OpenOffice Calc : View Tab. In the display section uncheck "Formulae"

On a Mac Options is under Preferences, as far as I know

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>