[Call for testing] AOO 4.2.0 for Windows built with MozillaBuild 3.1.1

[Call for testing] AOO 4.2.0 for Windows built with MozillaBuild 3.1.1

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

tl;dr:
I was able to build AOO 4.2.0 for Windows with MozillaBuild 3.1.1.
Please test! [1]

Thanks to Damjan's work we can now build AOO for Windows with Cygwin 64-bit.
MozillaBuild >= 3.0 is only installable on 64-bit so I thought it would
be a good moment to test it again...

Configure shows an error stating "Mozilla build tooling incomplete!"
because it looks for a directory "moztools". This directory was removed
in 3.0 and "nsinstall.exe" is now located in "msys\local\bin". [2]

I deleted the query for "moztools" in configure.ac, leaving only the one
for "msys".
With this change I could successfully build AOO 4.2.0 with MozillaBuild
3.1.1.

It installs and works fine for me on Windows 10 (64-bit) and on Windows
7 (32-bit) but I would like to have some feedback from others. Please
download and test it! [1]

Regards,

   Matthias

[1] https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/

[2] https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-build/rev/5a1e79591296

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [Call for testing] AOO 4.2.0 for Windows built with MozillaBuild 3.1.1

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Matthias, all

> It installs and works fine for me on Windows 10 (64-bit) and on Windows
>     7 (32-bit) but I would like to have some feedback from others. Please
>     download and test it! [1]

Installed full pt version plus en_US language pack under Windows 7 x64.

It is working perfectly as a production unit (created, modified, saved in Calc and Writer)

Best,

Pedro

[Call for testing] AOO 4.2.0 for Windows built with MozillaBuild 3.1.1

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 26.04.2018 um 13:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Matthias, all
>

>> It installs and works fine for me on Windows 10 (64-bit) and on Windows
>>     7 (32-bit) but I would like to have some feedback from others. Please
>>     download and test it! [1]
>>
> Installed full pt version plus en_US language pack under Windows 7 x64.
>
> It is working perfectly as a production unit (created, modified, saved in Calc and Writer)
Thanks for testing!

Do you have Windows 32-bit available?

MozillaBuild is needed to build NSS (Network Security Services) e.g. for
XML Security support. [1]
Until now we used MozillaBuild up to 2.2.0.

Things to test:
Can you search for updates (AOO or Extension manager) without getting en
error?
Also the dialog under "Tools - Options... - Security - Macro Security"
should work.

However, I am not a programmer and can only produce a "quick hack". [2] ;-)

Regards,
   Matthias

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.1ReleaseNotes-SeamonkeyreplacedbyNSS(%22NetworkSecurityServices%22)

[2]
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/mozillabuild3.patch

> Best,
>
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [Call for testing] AOO 4.2.0 for Windows built with MozillaBuild 3.1.1

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Matthias

> Do you have Windows 32-bit available?

Only Windows XP 32-bit

> Things to test:
>     Can you search for updates (AOO or Extension manager) without getting en
>     error?

Both work perfectly (I downgraded one extension to check)

> Also the dialog under "Tools - Options... - Security - Macro Security"
>     should work.

Working as expected.

Best,

Pedro

Re: [Call for testing] AOO 4.2.0 for Windows built with MozillaBuild 3.x

Matthias Seidel
Am 26.04.2018 um 13:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Matthias, all
>

>> It installs and works fine for me on Windows 10 (64-bit) and on Windows
>>     7 (32-bit) but I would like to have some feedback from others. Please
>>     download and test it! [1]
>>

> Installed full pt version plus en_US language pack under Windows 7 x64.
>
> It is working perfectly as a production unit (created, modified, saved in Calc and Writer)
Next Windows build now with MozillaBuild 3.2:
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/

Regards,
   Matthias

> Best,
>
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [Call for testing] AOO 4.2.0 for Windows built with MozillaBuild 3.x

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Matthias, all

> Next Windows build now with MozillaBuild 3.2:
>     https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/

Installed full pt version plus en_US language pack under Windows 7 x64

Used it for real work all day. Approved ;)

Regards,

Pedro

Am 08.05.2018 um 23:15 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias, all
>

>> Next Windows build now with MozillaBuild 3.2:
>>     https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/
>>
> Installed full pt version plus en_US language pack under Windows 7 x64
>
> Used it for real work all day. Approved ;)

Thanks again for testing!

I would have hoped that there is more than one person who can give
feedback... ;-)

Regards,
   Matthias

> Regards,
>
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [Call for testing] AOO 4.2.0 for Windows built with MozillaBuild 3.x

Peter Kovacs-3
Maybe wrote in QA. I Think some See only Subscriber in QA.