Can a GENLANG Procect be used as the basis for a New language procect

Can a GENLANG Procect be used as the basis for a New language procect

Keith N. McKenna
We have a  volunteer to translate AOO into Breton. Unfortunately the
only project is the discontinued genlang one. Is there a way the it can
be used as the basis to create the normal AOO 4.x and 4.x Help projects?

Regards
Keith

Re: Can a GENLANG Procect be used as the basis for a New language procect

Andrea Pescetti-2
Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> We have a  volunteer to translate AOO into Breton. Unfortunately the
> only project is the discontinued genlang one. Is there a way the it can
> be used as the basis to create the normal AOO 4.x and 4.x Help projects?

No, whatever is in genlang is not aligned with current stuff (not even
Pootle is but this is another story).

But whatever is in genlang comes from either a blank import (i.e., just
creation of a project without any translated string) or from an import
of the SDF files located here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/extras/l10n/source/

Do you see Breton files at the existing sources? Note that we try to use
the international standards, but there are several, so you should check
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Adding_a_new_language_or_locale to see
in case you can't locate it.

Regards,
   Andrea.

On 9/3/2018 4:20 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> We have a  volunteer to translate AOO into Breton. Unfortunately the
>> only project is the discontinued genlang one. Is there a way the it can
>> be used as the basis to create the normal AOO 4.x and 4.x Help projects?
>
> No, whatever is in genlang is not aligned with current stuff (not even
> Pootle is but this is another story).
>
> But whatever is in genlang comes from either a blank import (i.e.,
> just creation of a project without any translated string) or from an
> import of the SDF files located here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/extras/l10n/source/
>
> Do you see Breton files at the existing sources? Note that we try to
> use the international standards, but there are several, so you should
> check https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Adding_a_new_language_or_locale
> to see in case you can't locate it.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

There is an localize.sdf file at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/extras/l10n/source/br/
br is the ISO 639-1 code for Breton.

I ask the question as the Breton Genlang Project appears to have all the
same files as our normal AOO projects just in one project rather than
broken out into separate ui and help projects. I was hoping there was a
possibility to use them to kick-start a new translation.

Any other info I can provide I will gladly track down if possible.

Regards
Keith

Re: Can a GENLANG Procect be used as the basis for a New language procect

valen rr

Re: Can a GENLANG Procect be used as the basis for a New language procect

Pierre Wani Alan Morvan

We prefer use the iso code "br-fr" for breton because the iso code "br" is used for brazilian portuguese, this cause some problemes very often if we don't use the iso "br-fr".

RegardsPierre