Can someone help?

Thomas Isaac
I created a document  on 9/4/2017 and today i went to make changes and  I
an unable to save the changes  some how i have blocked access and made this
a controlled folder. Microsoft is unable to prove assistance.

Virus & threat protection
unauthorized changes blocked
controlled folders access\ office.bin from making changes to folder %
userprofile % documents

Thomas Isaac

Re: Can someone help?

Martin Groenescheij

On 14/11/17 11:00 AM, Thomas Isaac wrote:
> I created a document  on 9/4/2017 and today i went to make changes and  I
> an unable to save the changes  some how i have blocked access and made this
> a controlled folder. Microsoft is unable to prove assistance.

Try to use Save As with a different name if that works there could be a
lock file in the folder.
If that doesn't work try to save is in an other folder after this you
need to find out how to reset your folder privileges.

> Virus & threat protection
> unauthorized changes blocked
> controlled folders access\ office.bin from making changes to folder %
> userprofile % documents
>
> Thomas Isaac

RE: Can someone help?

Thomas Isaac
Thanks that did not work even tried resaving it as same name. I will do some checking and might have to email you back if that is okay

On 14/11/17 11:00 AM, Thomas Isaac wrote:
> I created a document  on 9/4/2017 and today i went to make changes and  I
> an unable to save the changes  some how i have blocked access and made this
> a controlled folder. Microsoft is unable to prove assistance.

Try to use Save As with a different name if that works there could be a
lock file in the folder.
If that doesn't work try to save is in an other folder after this you
need to find out how to reset your folder privileges.

> Virus & threat protection
> unauthorized changes blocked
> controlled folders access\ office.bin from making changes to folder %
> userprofile % documents
>
> Thomas Isaac

Re: Can someone help?

Brian Barker
At 11:20 14/11/2017 +1100, Martin Groenescheij wrote:
>At 19:00 13/11/2017 -0500, Thomas Isaac wrote:
>>I created a document on 9/4/2017 and today i went to make changes
>>and I am unable to save the changes some how i have blocked access
>>and made this a controlled folder. Microsoft is unable to prove assistance.
>
>Try to use Save As with a different name if that works there could
>be a lock file in the folder. If that doesn't work try to save is in
>an other folder after this you need to find out how to reset your
>folder privileges.

Or see:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10s-controlled-folder-access-anti-ransomware-feature-is-now-live/
.

Brian Barker

Re: Can someone help?

zahra a
hello.
controlled access folder is a new feature that microsoft added to the
windows ten creatur update in the recent months to protect the users
from ransomware which lock the files of users and demand ransom to
hackers to unlock them.
by default, it protects my documents and some essential folders which
exist in all computers and laptops.
you can add folders to its default list or remove the folders (just
the folders which you added to the list before).
even you can disable this feature, but its a security risk and make
your folders and datas vulnerable to ransomwares and unwanted changes.
hope that help, God bless you all!

On 11/14/17, Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks that did not work even tried resaving it as same name. I will do some
> checking and might have to email you back if that is okay

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org