Can't open Apache Open Office

David Goodmacher
KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT ONLY APPS FROM THE APPLE STORE CAN BE OPENED AND USED AND  YOUR PGM IS NOT OFFERED BY THE APPS STORE, SO HOW DO I DOWNLOAD AND USE APACHE OPEN OFFICE???

RE: Can't open Apache Open Office

Elaine-2
I don't believe that there are apps for aoo.

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 David Goodmacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT ONLY APPS FROM THE APPLE STORE CAN BE OPENED AND USED AND YOUR PGM IS NOT OFFERED BY THE APPS STORE, SO HOW DO I DOWNLOAD AND USE APACHE OPEN OFFICE???

Re: Can't open Apache Open Office

David Robley
On 05/26/2018 02:08 PM, David Goodmacher wrote:
> KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT ONLY APPS FROM THE APPLE STORE CAN BE OPENED AND USED AND  YOUR PGM IS NOT OFFERED BY THE APPS STORE, SO HOW DO I DOWNLOAD AND USE APACHE OPEN OFFICE???

The installation instructions will help you with this problem:
http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/faq/installing/ooo.html

PS please, don't use ALLCAPS.

Cheers
--
David Robley

... KARAOKE is Japanese for "Tone Deaf"

Re: Can't open Apache Open Office

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2018-05-25, 10:38 PM David Goodmacher wrote concerning "Can't open Apache Open Office"

> KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT ONLY APPS FROM THE APPLE STORE CAN BE OPENED AND USED AND  YOUR PGM IS NOT OFFERED BY THE APPS STORE, SO HOW DO I DOWNLOAD AND USE APACHE OPEN OFFICE???

Using ALL CAPITALS is considered the equivalent of shouting and is very rude.

If you had read the release notes for Apache OpenOffice you would have seen this under "Known
Issues"
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.5+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.5ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

    For macOS users:
    Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in Mac OS X. This is a
    feature to help guard against malware on recent Mac OS X systems.

    For Mac OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a procedure laid out at the following link
    to allow applications not installed from the Mac App store to run. See the Mac support article.

    For Mac OS X 10.12 "Sierra": In Finder, Control-click or right click the icon of the app.
    Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears. Click Open in the dialog box. If
    prompted, enter an administrator name and password.This is needed just the first time you
    launch Apache OpenOffice.

    Due to a known bug in Oracle Java installations of Apache OpenOffice on OS X that do not
    have the legacy Apple Java 6 installed will not be able to recognize Oracle Java 7 and 8.
    If not able to upgrade to Java 9 than install the legacy version of Apple Java from the
    following link: Legacy Apple Java 6. This will allow the portions of AOO that require Java
    to run properly.

_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Can't open Apache Open Office

Howard Blum
The issue is your operating system and not Open Office. When you get that
error message you must immediately go to the Apple menu (top left corner),
and select system preferences. In preferences you will see the option to
open the application in spite of it being an unrecognizable developer.

You could have gotten the answer by googling the issue in your web browser.

BTW- your using all caps is considered offensive.