Can't open OpenOffice

Frank Jackson
Dear Apache,

I rarely use anything else except Writer, for fairly simple documents, and have
never had any problems. Now, however, the program refuses to open, whatever I
do, both Writer and the overall program. I click on a file name or the shortcut
icon, and it seems as if it is starting to load, but then it just disappears
again. I have tried diff

---
New Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail replacement - get it here:
https://www.oeclassic.com/

erent documents, different folders, different drives, but it is always the
same. Obviously this is disastrous. Not being able to access any of my files
stymies anything I am trying to do, other than simple emails like this one.

Please help.

Frank Jackson

Re: Can't open OpenOffice

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 18:59:30 +0000
"Frank Jackson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Apache,
>
> I rarely use anything else except Writer, for fairly simple documents, and have
> never had any problems. Now, however, the program refuses to open, whatever I
> do, both Writer and the overall program. I click on a file name or the shortcut
> icon, and it seems as if it is starting to load, but then it just disappears
> again. I have tried diff
>
> ---
> New Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail replacement - get it here:
> https://www.oeclassic.com/
>
> erent documents, different folders, different drives, but it is always the
> same. Obviously this is disastrous. Not being able to access any of my files
> stymies anything I am trying to do, other than simple emails like this one.
>
> Please help.
>
> Frank Jackson

Start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill any soffice process shown on TaskManagerr's tabs.

Note "soffice" with an initial "s"
--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>