Can you help me??

Jean Y. McDowell
I am trying to register for the Open Office Forum so I can get some help.
However, when I tried registering, it said that my email address was
already registered.  When I tried to log-in, it said that my email address
could not be found.

What do I do now?  I really need to use my Open Office Writer.  I have
installed a new printer but I can't get Open Office to recognize it.  I
even deleted the old printer.  I have some information that I need to print
out to take to a doctor's appointment. I thought maybe some one in the Open
Office Forum could tell me what to do.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jean Y. McDowell
--

*I am because He is, I will be because He is.........*

*"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." -- Mother
Teresa*

Re: Can you help me??

Steven Ahlers
Make sure you have downloaded the most recent driver for your printer from their web site, not just from a disc included with the printer.

Then restart your computer, the change to your operating system from the addition of the printer driver will not take effect until the system is restarted.

Next make sure the new printer is the default printer in the operating system.

Then restart OpenOffice and open the file you want to print. Choose print from the File menu. You should now see your printer and the options available to control it.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Can you help me??

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 15:14:42 -0500
"Jean Y. McDowell" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to register for the Open Office Forum so I can get some help.
> However, when I tried registering, it said that my email address was
> already registered.  When I tried to log-in, it said that my email address
> could not be found.
>
> What do I do now?  I really need to use my Open Office Writer.  I have
> installed a new printer but I can't get Open Office to recognize it.  I
> even deleted the old printer.  I have some information that I need to print
> out to take to a doctor's appointment. I thought maybe some one in the Open
> Office Forum could tell me what to do.
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me.
>
> Jean Y. McDowell
> --

A quick workaround is to use /File /Export as PDF and use Acrobat Reader or some other PDF application to print the generated PDF document - such application will print from the printer, whether or not OpenOffice does..

Normally difficulty with printing from OpenOffice can be cured by re-installing a printer driver, which is done at the operating system level (i.e., in Windows?)  Make certain you have the latest printer driver from the printer manufacturer's site.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Can you help me??

Jean Y. McDowell