Cancel subscription

Tera Blink
Hello,

I signed up for your 2 week free trial of the “office” features so I could try out your resume templates.
Please cancel my subscription effective immediately as I did not find a resume app that suited my needs.

Kindest Regards,
Tera Blink

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Cancel subscription

Wade Smart-2
Tera, not sure where you did it but the templates are always free all the time.
As are ALL the features.

Here is one of many that are available. Just download and use.

https://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/openoffice-resume-template
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 7:59 AM, Tera Blink <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I signed up for your 2 week free trial of the “office” features so I could try out your resume templates.
> Please cancel my subscription effective immediately as I did not find a resume app that suited my needs.
>
> Kindest Regards,
> Tera Blink
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Cancel subscription

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Please let us know where you signed up for a two week trial. This seems to be a shady deal not approved by the Apache OpenOffice project.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 5:59 AM, Tera Blink <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I signed up for your 2 week free trial of the “office” features so I could try out your resume templates.
> Please cancel my subscription effective immediately as I did not find a resume app that suited my needs.
>
> Kindest Regards,
> Tera Blink
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Cancel subscription

Craig Russell-2
Hi Tera Blink,

I'm afraid you have confused the OpenOffice project at Apache with a commercial company that is *not* affiliated with Apache OpenOffice..

Apache OpenOffice can always be downloaded and used *for free* with no charges whatever.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Apache OpenOffice will *never* charge anyone for downloading or using the software.

You should contact whoever sold you a free trial and ask for your subscription to be canceled.

And you can always ask on this list for specific advice *for free* on using the features of Apache OpenOffice.

Regards,

Craig

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 5:59 AM, Tera Blink <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I signed up for your 2 week free trial of the “office” features so I could try out your resume templates.
> Please cancel my subscription effective immediately as I did not find a resume app that suited my needs.
>
> Kindest Regards,
> Tera Blink
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Craig L Russell

Re: Cancel subscription

Tera Blink
Craig...I am not confused.  When I accessed Apache for resume templates... when I started to use the template I was told in order to save it, download it, etc... there was a 2 week free trial and then a charge for the service.
Tera

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 11:20 AM, Craig Russell <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tera Blink,

I'm afraid you have confused the OpenOffice project at Apache with a commercial company that is *not* affiliated with Apache OpenOffice..

Apache OpenOffice can always be downloaded and used *for free* with no charges whatever.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Apache OpenOffice will *never* charge anyone for downloading or using the software.

You should contact whoever sold you a free trial and ask for your subscription to be canceled.

And you can always ask on this list for specific advice *for free* on using the features of Apache OpenOffice.

Regards,

Craig

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 5:59 AM, Tera Blink <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I signed up for your 2 week free trial of the “office” features so I could try out your resume templates.
> Please cancel my subscription effective immediately as I did not find a resume app that suited my needs.
>
> Kindest Regards,
> Tera Blink
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Craig L Russell

Re: Cancel subscription

Craig Russell-2

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 8:23 AM, Tera Blink <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Craig...
> I am not confused.  When I accessed Apache for resume templates... when I started to use the template I was told in order to save it, download it, etc... there was a 2 week free trial and then a charge for the service.

Methinks you were scammed. Where did you download the software?

Craig

> Tera
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/?.src=iOS>
>
> On Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 11:20 AM, Craig Russell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tera Blink,
>
> I'm afraid you have confused the OpenOffice project at Apache with a commercial company that is *not* affiliated with Apache OpenOffice..
>
> Apache OpenOffice can always be downloaded and used *for free* with no charges whatever.
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/ <https://www.openoffice.org/download/>
>
> Apache OpenOffice will *never* charge anyone for downloading or using the software.
>
> You should contact whoever sold you a free trial and ask for your subscription to be canceled.
>
> And you can always ask on this list for specific advice *for free* on using the features of Apache OpenOffice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig
>
> > On Jun 12, 2018, at 5:59 AM, Tera Blink <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I signed up for your 2 week free trial of the “office” features so I could try out your resume templates.
> > Please cancel my subscription effective immediately as I did not find a resume app that suited my needs.
> >
> > Kindest Regards,
> > Tera Blink
> >
> > Sent from Mail for Windows 10
> >

> Craig L Russell
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>

Re: Cancel subscription

Catalan Bird Tours
Tera

Listen to them.  OO is free.  I'm just a consumer like you and I've never
paid anything.

Whether you realise it or not, you "accessed" Apache via an untrusted
source.  Whoever it was conned you into paying.  Retrace your steps and try
to contact them again for, eg your money back.

All the best

Stephen Christopher

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 5:23 PM, Tera Blink <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Craig...I am not confused.  When I accessed Apache for resume templates...
> when I started to use the template I was told in order to save it, download
> it, etc... there was a 2 week free trial and then a charge for the service.
> Tera
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
>

> On Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 11:20 AM, Craig Russell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Tera Blink,
>
> I'm afraid you have confused the OpenOffice project at Apache with a
> commercial company that is *not* affiliated with Apache OpenOffice..
>
> Apache OpenOffice can always be downloaded and used *for free* with no
> charges whatever.
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/
>
> Apache OpenOffice will *never* charge anyone for downloading or using the
> software.
>
> You should contact whoever sold you a free trial and ask for your
> subscription to be canceled.
>
> And you can always ask on this list for specific advice *for free* on
> using the features of Apache OpenOffice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig
>
> > On Jun 12, 2018, at 5:59 AM, Tera Blink <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I signed up for your 2 week free trial of the “office” features so I
> could try out your resume templates.
> > Please cancel my subscription effective immediately as I did not find a
> resume app that suited my needs.
> >
> > Kindest Regards,
> > Tera Blink
> >
> > Sent from Mail for Windows 10
> >

> Craig L Russell

Re: Cancel subscription

Alan Pearce
You mentioned that it happened when you came to save your work.,could it be that you were being offered some form of cloud storage which maybe chargeable?

wrote:

> Craig...I am not confused.  When I accessed Apache for resume templates...
> when I started to use the template I was told in order to save it, download
> it, etc... there was a 2 week free trial and then a charge for the service.
> Tera
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
>

> On Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 11:20 AM, Craig Russell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Tera Blink,
>
> I'm afraid you have confused the OpenOffice project at Apache with a
> commercial company that is *not* affiliated with Apache OpenOffice..
>
> Apache OpenOffice can always be downloaded and used *for free* with no
> charges whatever.
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/
>
> Apache OpenOffice will *never* charge anyone for downloading or using the
> software.
>
> You should contact whoever sold you a free trial and ask for your
> subscription to be canceled.
>
> And you can always ask on this list for specific advice *for free* on
> using the features of Apache OpenOffice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig
>
> > On Jun 12, 2018, at 5:59 AM, Tera Blink <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I signed up for your 2 week free trial of the “office” features so I
> could try out your resume templates.
> > Please cancel my subscription effective immediately as I did not find a
> resume app that suited my needs.
> >
> > Kindest Regards,
> > Tera Blink
> >
> > Sent from Mail for Windows 10
> >

> Craig L Russell

Re: Cancel subscription

Craig Russell-2
Hi Tera,

I'm not sure that you are subscribed to this list, so I'm including you explicitly.

Your issue might be a corrupted version of OO, or a template that comes from a commercial company not affiliated with OO, or a (cloud storage?) system also not affiliated with OO.

Identifying the URL from where you downloaded OO and the URL from where you downloaded the template will help us help you.

Please let us know if you need any more to resolve this.

Regards,

Craig

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 10:01 AM, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You mentioned that it happened when you came to save your work.,could it be that you were being offered some form of cloud storage which maybe chargeable?

Linda Hull
Might we want to offer also that Apache Open Office is very versatile and
if you like something about a Template but not other parts, you can change
and customize, create to suit!  And save it as yours.

Linda