Cannot Open OpenOffice Doc on new Mac

Stephen Kozowyk
Hi,

I’ve relocated my files to my new Mac and did not keep the OpenOffice app this time around. I want to open the files on the Mac programs of Numbers or Pages. How do I do this without OpenOffice? Do I need to download the latest version of Apache to do this? The files were not converted and they show up as ZIP files.

Thank you for any help!!!
Stephen

Re: Cannot Open OpenOffice Doc on new Mac

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2020-01-27 1:35 p.m., Stephen Kozowyk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve relocated my files to my new Mac and did not keep the OpenOffice app this time around. I want to open the files on the Mac programs of Numbers or Pages. How do I do this without OpenOffice? Do I need to download the latest version of Apache to do this? The files were not converted and they show up as ZIP files.
>
> Thank you for any help!!!
> Stephen

Numbers & Pages do not open OpenOffice files.

Download the latest version of Apache OpenOffice at http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

Also check the known issues in the release notes.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.7+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.7ReleaseNotes-FormacOSusers

--
As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.To subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com