Cannot display on screen keyboard using ms Surface windows

Cannot display on screen keyboard using ms Surface windows

edwalsh913
Recently purchased a MS Surface Pro tablet with Windows 10.  Downloaded latest version of open office and migrated my files to new tablet.   Whenever I open any type Open Office  document and want to input the onscreen keypad does not come up.  The onscreen keypad does  does come on when using other apps to input anything.   Was wondering if this is an Open Office or Windows 10 issue.   Either way I am hoping someone can give me some tips on how to fix.  Thx

---
http://www.avg.com