Changing bidi character type

Alan Yaniger
Hi list-members,

There was a change in the bidirection character type of "minus/hyphen"
(Unicode 002D) from Unicode 4.0 to Unicode 4.0.1. It was changed from ET
("European Numeric Terminator") to ES ("European Numeric Separator"). I
would like to implement this in my OOo build. How do I do it?

Thanks,
Alan

Re: Changing bidi character type

Frank Meies
Hi Alan,

Alan Yaniger wrote:

> There was a change in the bidirection character type of "minus/hyphen"
> (Unicode 002D) from Unicode 4.0 to Unicode 4.0.1. It was changed from ET
> ("European Numeric Terminator") to ES ("European Numeric Separator"). I
> would like to implement this in my OOo build. How do I do it?

OOo uses the icu implementation of the Unicode Bidi Algorithm. Therefore
you'll have to change the icu code. I'm not sure but I guess you'll have
to adjust icu/source/data/unidate/UnicodeData.txt.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Re: Changing bidi character type

Alan Yaniger
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your answer, though I'd already made the necessary changes to
ICU last night. I had to change the file you mentioned, after I also
changed icu/source/data/unidate/DerivedBidiClass.txt.

Alan