Changing form data source

Girvin R. Herr
I am using OpenOffice 2.4.1 on Linux.  One of the features I liked about
Base was the possibility of copying a form to another name and then
change the copy's data source to another table.  I have several tables
that have identical structure and field names but containing different
data.  Creating new forms for each table is tedious.  Copying a form and
then editing the table it points to would save me a lot of time.

Now, the "OpenOffice.org User Guide for 2.0", Chapter 7, page 447,
"Attaching a data source to a form" appears to give a procedure to make
this change.  However, it talks of choosing "Form Properties" from a
"Form Functions" toolbar.  I cannot find this toolbar!  While my form is
in Design mode, I looked in View -> Toolbars and there are "Form
Controls", "Form Design" and "Form Navigation" options with all but the
last checked.  There does not seem to be a "Form Functions" option.  In
the "Form Controls" toolbar, there is a "Form" icon, but it is grayed out.
How do I go about changing a form's data source?

Girvin Herr

Re: Changing form data source

Fernand Vanrie
   Girvin,

You need  the"form Navigator" (is a button in your form -toolbar) ,
there you can rightclick and have acces to the form properties.
hope it helps

Fernand

> I am using OpenOffice 2.4.1 on Linux.  One of the features I liked
> about Base was the possibility of copying a form to another name and
> then change the copy's data source to another table.  I have several
> tables that have identical structure and field names but containing
> different data.  Creating new forms for each table is tedious.
> Copying a form and then editing the table it points to would save me a
> lot of time.
> Now, the "OpenOffice.org User Guide for 2.0", Chapter 7, page 447,
> "Attaching a data source to a form" appears to give a procedure to
> make this change.  However, it talks of choosing "Form Properties"
> from a "Form Functions" toolbar.  I cannot find this toolbar!  While
> my form is in Design mode, I looked in View -> Toolbars and there are
> "Form Controls", "Form Design" and "Form Navigation" options with all
> but the last checked.  There does not seem to be a "Form Functions"
> option.  In the "Form Controls" toolbar, there is a "Form" icon, but
> it is grayed out.
> How do I go about changing a form's data source?
>
> Girvin Herr

Re: Changing form data source

Girvin R. Herr
Fernand,
Yes!  That seems to have worked.  I am off and running, thanks to you.
Thank you very much for resolving this problem for me and I hope you
have a Happy New Year!
Girvin