Checking for an update failed

Yvette Delachat

Why this message : « Checking for an update failed. » when I try to update Openoffice ?

I didn’t find any information in the Openoffice forum, but I think it’s a known problem because many people are complaining on the internet.

Regards

Yvette Delachat

Re: Checking for an update failed

David Belina-2
As I posted once before, I saw a post that said the “update” action on OpenOffice is broken.  I have resorted to just navigating to the download page periodically and checking to see if a new version exists on the download page , downloading and installing if their is a new version.  The new version installs seamlessly if you install it to the same or the default location on your computer.  Settings are kept.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

On December 25, 2020 at 7:20:24 AM, Yvette Delachat ([hidden email]) wrote:

Why this message : « Checking for an update failed. » when I try to update Openoffice ?

I didn’t find any information in the Openoffice forum, but I think it’s a known problem because many people are complaining on the internet.

Regards

Yvette Delachat

Re: Checking for an update failed

Keith N. McKenna
On 12/25/2020 8:42 AM, Yvette Delachat wrote:

> Why this message : « Checking for an update failed. » when I try to update Openoffice ?
>
> I didn’t find any information in the Openoffice forum, but I think it’s a known problem because many people are complaining on the internet.
>
> Regards
>
> Yvette Delachat

Yvette;
That is a known problem and has been corrected in version 4.1.8 which is
the latest version and can be downloaded from:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html.

Regards
Keith