Chinese forum out of order

FR web forum
FYI
https://forum.openoffice.org/zh/forum/ = 404 error

Re: Chinese forum out of order

Andrea Pescetti-2
FR web forum wrote:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/zh/forum/ = 404 error

This was deliberately taken down some weeks ago since it was
unmaintained; this was announced on this list. It was unclear at the
time if anyone would like to take over and do the normal maintenance
(approve posts and users, clean spam etc); shall we instead consider it
to be offline and just put a notice saying that we are looking for
moderators, and while at it fix the homepage to avoid broken links to
the Chinese forum? I have all the needed permissions on the server.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Chinese forum out of order

Hagar Delest-2
I think we should:
1. Remove the spam
2. Put the forum back on-line but read-only
3. Wait for a team willing to continue the service before unlocking it

Spam removal can be performed by power users from another area (this is what was done for the Vietnamese forum before it was locked). However, we need someone with full access to grant those power users an admin or at least a moderator role: since the users databases are independent, registration is needed.

Hagar