Clean-up of Release Notes for 4.1.5

Keith N. McKenna
I am in the process of doing the final clean-up of the 4.1.5 Release
Notes and have a couple of questions on the Known Issues.

1. Does macOS still need the legacy Apple Java 6 to recognize Java 9
2. Does the source package of 4.1.5 still have problems building on 32
bit Ubuntu 14.04 and similar?
3 Does the SDK still not build with Java 8?

Thanks in advance for your help
Keith

Re: Clean-up of Release Notes for 4.1.5

Matthias Seidel
Hi Keith,

Am 25.12.2017 um 20:23 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
> I am in the process of doing the final clean-up of the 4.1.5 Release
> Notes and have a couple of questions on the Known Issues.
>
> 1. Does macOS still need the legacy Apple Java 6 to recognize Java 9

Jim?

> 2. Does the source package of 4.1.5 still have problems building on 32
> bit Ubuntu 14.04 and similar?

Our buildbots run on Ubuntu 14.04 and they produce weekly
builds of branch 4.1.5.
We removed that part already from the 4.1.4 release notes.

> 3 Does the SDK still not build with Java 8?

This is still valid.
The fixes for Java 8 are in trunk but have not been backported to 4.1.5.

Regards, Matthias

> Thanks in advance for your help
> Keith

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Clean-up of Release Notes for 4.1.5

Jim Jagielski

> On Dec 25, 2017, at 2:23 PM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am in the process of doing the final clean-up of the 4.1.5 Release
> Notes and have a couple of questions on the Known Issues.
>
> 1. Does macOS still need the legacy Apple Java 6 to recognize Java 9

Not as per my testing, no.

> 2. Does the source package of 4.1.5 still have problems building on 32
> bit Ubuntu 14.04 and similar?

Not tested.

> 3 Does the SDK still not build with Java 8?

Not known.

I am *guessing* that there are no changes in these issues between
4.1.4 and 4.1.5 though.

On 12/26/2017 9:39 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>> On Dec 25, 2017, at 2:23 PM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I am in the process of doing the final clean-up of the 4.1.5 Release
>> Notes and have a couple of questions on the Known Issues.
>>
>> 1. Does macOS still need the legacy Apple Java 6 to recognize Java 9
> Not as per my testing, no.
>
>> 2. Does the source package of 4.1.5 still have problems building on 32
>> bit Ubuntu 14.04 and similar?
> Not tested.
>
>> 3 Does the SDK still not build with Java 8?
> Not known.
>
> I am *guessing* that there are no changes in these issues between
> 4.1.4 and 4.1.5 though.
>
>> Thanks in advance for your help
>> Keith

Thank you both. I will clean up the Release Notes and the template
accordingly.

Regards
Keith