Compatibility with word.

Lic. Federico Esteban Nepote
First of all, I want to apologies for my english but i speak spanish usually.
In second place y want to answer if the compatibility with word is total o complete, because i have sent a document and the person who recieved that document can´t open the file whith word.
After taht, I want to tell you that I had paid € 60 for the open system and now I see that is  free dowlound in internet. Can it be possible.
Thank.
 bye.
              Federico Esteban Nepote

Re: Compatibility with word.

David Chapman
I have never had issues with compatibility with MS Word - you ARE
saving it as a Word document right?

OOo has always been free to download - always will. See www.openoffice.org

My OpenOffice Calc Website
http://www.openofficetips.com

Re: Compatibility with word.

Andrew Brown-4
"Lic. Federico Esteban Nepote" <[hidden email]> wrote in

> i have sent a document and the person who recieved that document
> can??t open the file whith word.

If they can't open it at all, then you probably did not save it as a word
document. Save it again, making sure to choose MS Word 97 in the "file
Type" dropdown.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.

Re: Compatibility with word.

CPHennessy
On Fri December 2 2005 12:10, + Lic. Federico Esteban Nepote wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> First of all, I want to apologies for my english but i speak spanish
> usually. In second place y want to answer if the compatibility with word is
> total o complete, because i have sent a document and the person who
> recieved that document can´t open the file whith word. After taht, I want
> to tell you that I had paid € 60 for the open system and now I see that is
> free dowlound in internet. Can it be possible. Thank.

Hi  Federico,
 When you send a doc to someone else to edit make sure that you do a "File" ->
"Save As.." -> and change the "File type " to "MSWord 97/2000/XP". Send this
file to them and they should have no problems with files you send.

Yes, OpenOffice.org is completely free to download. There are also many free
manuals available at http://documentation.openoffice.org

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: Compatibility with word.

Lic. Federico Esteban Nepote
Hello:
         This E-mail is for say THANK YOU! because your intervention I could
find the solution to my problem of the compatibity whith word. Really, thank
you very much.
         Federico.