Complaint:

D Rogers

I have used Open Office for over two years without problems

A month ago my spell-checker stopped working.  Every words gets underlined in red.

I have removed Open Office four times and reinstalled it. It has not cured the problem. I am very annoyed.

David Rogers
1 New Road
Stoford
 Yeovil
Somerset UK
BA 22 9UB

---

Re: Complaint:

Keith N. McKenna
On 12/27/2017 2:18 PM, D Rogers wrote:

> I have used Open Office for over two years without problems
>
> A month ago my spell-checker stopped working.  Every words gets underlined in red.
>
> I have removed Open Office four times and reinstalled it. It has not cured the problem. I am very annoyed.
>
> David Rogers
> 1 New Road
> Stoford
>  Yeovil
> Somerset UK
> BA 22 9UB
>

> ---

Rather than waiting a month and being annoyed you could check the FAQ's.
Here is the one for you.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/General/Spellchecker_Shows_all_Word_Misspelled.

For future reference the FAQ's Table of Contents is here:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ

Regards
Keith

Re: Complaint:

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 19:18:13 +0000
D Rogers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have used Open Office for over two years without problems
>
> A month ago my spell-checker stopped working.  Every words gets underlined in red.
>
> I have removed Open Office four times and reinstalled it. It has not cured the problem. I am very annoyed.
>
> David Rogers
> 1 New Road
> Stoford
>  Yeovil
> Somerset UK
> BA 22 9UB

This may have happened because you powered down or hibernated the computer too hastily, before its internal housekeeping was complete.  The OpenOffice user profile becomes corrupted in such circumstances, often manifesting as a failure of the spellcheck.  Reinstallation of OpenOffice will pick up the existing (but corrupted) user profile, and in consequence the spellcheck will continue inoperative.

To cure your spellcheck, delete or rename your OO user profile.

If you are using Windows do this by:

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar (sometimes called Windows Explorer address bar) and press Enter,  Rename folder user to user.old.  Now restart OpenOffice; this cure almost all spellcheck problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Fwd: Re: Complaint:

Martin Groenescheij