Confirming Oracle issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Confirming Oracle issue

Peter Eberlein-3
Hi,

anybody from the base team there who can confirm
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=109185

Thanks

Peter


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Confirming Oracle issue

Fernand Vanrie
Peter,

Its seem logical to me that a "time" field not can handle "date"
information but maybe i miss understood your question ? In general
database stored times/dates and the way OO handles this things is for me
:-) a "blackbox". Therefore i alwayqs uqe cDate(databasefield) as a
start for futher handling.

Greetz

Fernand
> Hi,


>
> anybody from the base team there who can confirm
> http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=109185
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Confirming Oracle issue

Peter Eberlein-3
Am 22.02.2010 09:27, schrieb Fernand Vanrie:
> Peter,
>
> Its seem logical to me that a "time" field not can handle "date"
> information but maybe i miss understood your question ?

yes

The Oracle Date field is a Date/Time field as the Timestamp field is.
The difference is the "fractional seconds".

In general
> database stored times/dates and the way OO handles this things is for me
> :-) a "blackbox". Therefore i alwayqs uqe cDate(databasefield) as a
> start for futher handling.
>
I don't speak about macros here.


Regards

Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Confirming Oracle issue

Drew Jensen
In reply to this post by Peter Eberlein-3
On 2/22/2010 2:23 AM, Peter Eberlein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anybody from the base team there who can confirm
> http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=109185
>


Hi Peter,

I don't have an Oracle server running at the moment, sorry.
There will be one up here by the end of the week, but not
any sooner.

I think however you are right about the Base time control.

To test it I used MySQL

Created a datetime field and bound a Time control on a form reading
directly from the table.
Everything is fine.

Then created a query that cast the datetime field to a date, aliases
back to the same name of course.
Changed the form to now read the query instead of the table - the time
field will not read time values.

So - for a work around, when you need to use a time control for a Date
field I think you will need to use a query that casts to a timestamp.

Does that mean also that in a dataview window only the Date portion if a
date field, that has time data, is displayed?

Drew








---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Confirming Oracle issue

Drew Jensen
On 2/22/2010 8:38 AM, Drew Jensen wrote:
> On 2/22/2010 2:23 AM, Peter Eberlein wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> anybody from the base team there who can confirm
>> http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=109185
>>

Also, could you tell me how you are connecting, ODBC, JDBC?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Confirming Oracle issue

Peter Eberlein-3
In reply to this post by Drew Jensen
Hi Drew,
Am 22.02.2010 14:38, schrieb Drew Jensen:

> On 2/22/2010 2:23 AM, Peter Eberlein wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> anybody from the base team there who can confirm
>> http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=109185
>>
>
>
> Hi Peter,
>

> Does that mean also that in a dataview window only the Date portion if a
> date field, that has time data, is displayed?

What do you mean with a dataview window: grid control, date control, table?
The first two: yes
The latter: you can format the table column as yyyy-mm-dd hh:min:sec,
the time then is always 00:00:00.

Regards

Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Confirming Oracle issue

Peter Eberlein-3
In reply to this post by Drew Jensen
Am 22.02.2010 14:55, schrieb Drew Jensen:

> On 2/22/2010 8:38 AM, Drew Jensen wrote:
>> On 2/22/2010 2:23 AM, Peter Eberlein wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> anybody from the base team there who can confirm
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=109185
>>>
>
> Also, could you tell me how you are connecting, ODBC, JDBC?
>
JDBC

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Confirming Oracle issue

DrewJensen-2
In reply to this post by Peter Eberlein-3
>
> What do you mean with a dataview window: grid control, date control, table?

Yes I meant if you just opened a table directly.

> The latter: you can format the table column as yyyy-mm-dd hh:min:sec,
> the time then is always 00:00:00.
>

and yes that would be the possible problem I was wondering abut.

Thanks

Drew

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]