Connect to multiple datasources

Alexandro Colorado-3
is it possible to connec tto multiple databases in JDBC/OOo?

I got a client that has a sistem that uses MSQuery (an excel subset of db connectivity) and pull info from different databases and dump it into Excel. I wonder if Calc can do the same, the main question is if the datasource can connect from different datasources.

I know I can register multiple datasources but I am not sure I can connect to them simultaneously, but then again I have never tried and wonder if anyone else here knows.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español

Re: Connect to multiple datasources

frank.schoenheit
Hi Alexandro,

> I know I can register multiple datasources but I am not sure I can
> connect to them simultaneously, but then again I have never tried and
> wonder if anyone else here knows.

You can use them simultaneously. What is not possible is to have one
.odb database showing tables from different "external" databases. But
within Calc, you can access as many .odb databases as you want.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [hidden email] -
- Sun Microsystems                      http://www.sun.com/staroffice -