Content for YouTube channel

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

AOO has its own  YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/openoffice

Although we have no real content there, just now the 405th user has
subscribed.

Wouldn't that be the perfect place to post tutorials?
For example, we could tell people about the need to update AOO for macOS
Catalina.

Any opinions about that? Volunteers?

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Content for YouTube channel

Carl Marcum-4

On 1/26/20 8:05 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> AOO has its own  YouTube channel:
> https://www.youtube.com/openoffice
>
> Although we have no real content there, just now the 405th user has
> subscribed.
>
> Wouldn't that be the perfect place to post tutorials?
> For example, we could tell people about the need to update AOO for macOS
> Catalina.
>
> Any opinions about that? Volunteers?
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias

Hi Matthias,

That's awesome!
There is one or two I can think of to put together when I have time.
ps.  first reply wasn't to the list :(

Thanks,
Carl

RE: Content for YouTube channel

Jörg Schmidt-2

No opinion, but a hint.

There are some, few videos of OO by Raphael:
https://www.youtube.com/user/unifaeggi/videos
(there are many other videos in between that have nothing to do with OO)

there are over 100 videos about OO here (mostly in german):
https://toptorials.com/tutorials-alle-themen-im-ueberblick/uebersichts-liste-openoffice-calc-tutorials/
https://toptorials.com/alle-themen-ueberblick/uebersichts-liste-open-office-writer-tutorials/
https://toptorials.com/alle-themen-ueberblick/uebersichts-liste-der-openoffice-impress-tutorials/

Or above linked Calc videos as playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgSWCYwHtVQfE7MGLLu4FSr9MQwWs542L

Jörg

Re: Content for YouTube channel

Matthias Seidel
Hi Carl,

Am 27.01.20 um 12:02 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> On 1/26/20 8:05 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> AOO has its own  YouTube channel:
>> https://www.youtube.com/openoffice
>>
>> Although we have no real content there, just now the 405th user has
>> subscribed.
>>
>> Wouldn't that be the perfect place to post tutorials?
>> For example, we could tell people about the need to update AOO for macOS
>> Catalina.
>>
>> Any opinions about that? Volunteers?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>     Matthias
>>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> That's awesome!
In fact the channel has been there for some years now... ;-)
> There is one or two I can think of to put together when I have time.

That would be great!

I always wanted to make a short animation as intro for new visitors, but
never found the time...
> ps.  first reply wasn't to the list :(

No problem! I answered again, just for the record. ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Thanks,
> Carl

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Content for YouTube channel

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jörg,

Am 27.01.20 um 15:39 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

> [...]
Thanks, but this kind of content is already linked on the channel page
for longer now...

What I thought of was more "official" content (tutorials) from the project.

This would help to reduce the amount of recurring questions in the
forums e.g. about macOS Gatekeeper or about upgrading AOO for macOS
Catalina.

We might even make a short video to announce a new release and what has
changed. People today do not read Release Notes... ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Jörg

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Content for YouTube channel

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

At FOSDEM I learned about "Apache Training":

https://training.apache.org/

Would that be something to consider for creating content for AOO?

Regards,

   Matthias