Contribution

CAMILLUS THOMAS
Hi,

I am a beginner in C++ programming and would like to take this opportunity to contribute to the further development of the Open office suite.  I recently found out about the application and so far, I have found it to be an excellent application.

I am still a learner in the programming field but would gladly contribute my time and effort.

Regards,

Camillus Thomas

Re: Contribution

Andreas Bille
Hello Camillus,
many thanks for your interest in OpenOffice and nice to hear that you
are so satisfied with the OpenOffice suite.

In any way, contributing to OpenOffice is always welcome, but especially
the UCB is a part requiring some deeper insight in the programming model
of OpenOffice, especially the component archictecture as defined using
UNO, our component technology.

A good ( or THE ) starting point for people interested in code
contributions to OpenOffice is the developers manual, available here:

http://api.openoffice.org/DevelopersGuide/DevelopersGuide.html

containing also a chapter about the UCB. To understand it, you should
have understood UNO and the C++ language binding of UNO, also described
in that manual.

A low-level entry for contributions to OpenOffice is, bye the way, the
contribution of patches - also bugfixes are always welcome.

Do you have some idea of a project or a feature of OpenOffice, on which
you would like to work ?

Regards,
Andreas Bille