Converting simplied Chinese characters to traditional Chinese characters

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Converting simplied Chinese characters to traditional Chinese characters

Tsih-wah yu
Dear Sirs,
Could you kindly give me some guidance on how to find a step-by-step guide
on  how to convert simplified Chinese characters to traditional Chinese
characters?

I encounter difficulties in using Open Office 4.1.7. version for
word-processing as the information given does not help me at all.  Please
help.

Thanking you in advance,
Kind regards,
Ms Yu in Hong Kong.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Converting simplied Chinese characters to traditional Chinese characters

M Henri Day
Den ons 8 jan. 2020 kl 09:02 skrev Tsih-wah yu
<[hidden email]>:

> Dear Sirs,
> Could you kindly give me some guidance on how to find a step-by-step guide
> on  how to convert simplified Chinese characters to traditional Chinese
> characters?
>
> I encounter difficulties in using Open Office 4.1.7. version for
> word-processing as the information given does not help me at all.  Please
> help.
>
> Thanking you in advance,
> Kind regards,
> Ms Yu in Hong Kong.
>

Perhaps the service found at the following site -
https://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/converter-simptrad.html - could be of
help to you ?...

Henri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Converting simplied Chinese characters to traditional Chinese characters

Tsih-wah yu
Dear Henri,
Thank you very much for your email.  I need to convert not only individual
characters but pages of text from simplified characters to traditional
characters.  The website you referred me to is only good for converting
individual characters because the space provided is too small to
accommodate pages of text.  Do you know of other tools please?  If someone
succeeded in converting from simplified to traditional characters within
OpenOffice environment, please let me know.

Many thanks.
Ms Yu

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 7:30 PM M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Den ons 8 jan. 2020 kl 09:02 skrev Tsih-wah yu
> <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Dear Sirs,
> > Could you kindly give me some guidance on how to find a step-by-step
> guide
> > on  how to convert simplified Chinese characters to traditional Chinese
> > characters?
> >
> > I encounter difficulties in using Open Office 4.1.7. version for
> > word-processing as the information given does not help me at all.  Please
> > help.
> >
> > Thanking you in advance,
> > Kind regards,
> > Ms Yu in Hong Kong.
> >
>
> Perhaps the service found at the following site -
> https://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/converter-simptrad.html - could be of
> help to you ?...
>
> Henri
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Converting simplied Chinese characters to traditional Chinese characters

M Henri Day
Den fre 10 jan. 2020 kl 15:39 skrev Tsih-wah yu
<[hidden email]>:

> Dear Henri,
> Thank you very much for your email.  I need to convert not only individual
> characters but pages of text from simplified characters to traditional
> characters.  The website you referred me to is only good for converting
> individual characters because the space provided is too small to
> accommodate pages of text.  Do you know of other tools please?  If someone
> succeeded in converting from simplified to traditional characters within
> OpenOffice environment, please let me know.
>
> Many thanks.
> Ms Yu


<...>

I've never had occasion to do this previously, but I've now tested the
following procedure and it worked quite well for me : Launch Google
Translate (谷歌翻译) and choose «Chinese» (中文) as the input language and
«Chinese (traditional)» (中文(繁体)) as the output language. Copy the text in
simplified glyphs into the text box of the former (on the left), and *viola
!*, the same text, but in traditional glyphs, will appear in the right-hand
text box....

You might want to do this a page at a time for simplicity's sake, but I
think you will find that it will work. Please report back and let me - and
other readers here who might be interested - know if, indeed, it does....

Henri