Cursor movement

Howard Bennett
When I use excel I can make the cursor move horizontally when I press
enter. How do I do this in OpenOffice.

Howard Bennett
Howard

Re: Cursor movement

David Belina-2

Re: Cursor movement

David Belina-2
Just hit tab - it saves the entry you are making and goes immediately to the cell on the right - just like Excel

Re: Cursor movement

Howard Bennett
Thanks, too damn simple for me to figure out on my own.

Howard

Re: Cursor movement

David Robley
There is a setting under Tools | Options | OpenOffice Calc | General in
the Input settings section to define an action on pressing Enter to move
selection.

If you are using a Mac, use OpenOffice | Preferences instead of Tools |
Options.

On 12/7/20 12:06 pm, Howard Bennett wrote:

> Thanks, too damn simple for me to figure out on my own.
>
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 19:37 David Belina <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Just hit tab - it saves the entry you are making and goes immediately to
>> the cell on the right - just like Excel
>>

>> On July 11, 2020 at 5:31:14 PM, David Belina ([hidden email]) wrote:

>> when I press

Cheers
--
David Robley

Those who can, do. Those who can't, supervise!

Re: Cursor movement

David Belina-2
Really good to know!

On July 11, 2020 at 9:02:20 PM, David Robley ([hidden email]) wrote:

There is a setting under Tools | Options | OpenOffice Calc | General in
the Input settings section to define an action on pressing Enter to move
selection.

If you are using a Mac, use OpenOffice | Preferences instead of Tools |
Options.

On 12/7/20 12:06 pm, Howard Bennett wrote:

> Thanks, too damn simple for me to figure out on my own.
>
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 19:37 David Belina <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Just hit tab - it saves the entry you are making and goes immediately to
>> the cell on the right - just like Excel
>>

>> On July 11, 2020 at 5:31:14 PM, David Belina ([hidden email]) wrote:

>> when I press

Cheers