Custom XML Part

Rushna Jabi
Hi all,
I am working on OpenOffice plugin but I want to add Custom Xml Part in
OpenOffice like Ms-Office.
please tell me it's possible or not in Openoffice.
if it is possible then, How?

Regards,
Rushna Jabi
Software Engineer

Re: Custom XML Part

Andrew Pitonyak
The people on this list are not likely to know about me office products. Consider describing the behavior.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On Feb 12, 2018, 7:16 AM, at 7:16 AM, Rushna Jabi <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I am working on OpenOffice plugin but I want to add Custom Xml Part in
>OpenOffice like Ms-Office.
>please tell me it's possible or not in Openoffice.
>if it is possible then, How?
>

>Regards,
>Rushna Jabi
>Software Engineer

Re: Custom XML Part

Rushna Jabi
please  help?
I didn't get any reply till now...:(

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 5:36 PM, Rushna Jabi <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am working on OpenOffice plugin but I want to add Custom Xml Part in
> OpenOffice like Ms-Office.
> please tell me it's possible or not in Openoffice.
> if it is possible then, How?
>

> Regards,
> Rushna Jabi
> Software Engineer

Re: Custom XML Part

Rushna Jabi
Thanks for reply.

Andrew, In Ms Office document we can add Custom Xml Part i.e. information
related to current document.
we can access also that  information.
please tell me , Is it possible in OpenOffice and how?

Regards,
Rushna jabi

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 7:17 PM, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The people on this list are not likely to know about me office products.
> Consider describing the behavior.
>
> ⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
>
> On Feb 12, 2018, 7:16 AM, at 7:16 AM, Rushna Jabi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >I am working on OpenOffice plugin but I want to add Custom Xml Part in
> >OpenOffice like Ms-Office.
> >please tell me it's possible or not in Openoffice.
> >if it is possible then, How?
> >

> >Regards,
> >Rushna Jabi
> >Software Engineer

Re: Custom XML Part

Peter Kovacs-2
I do not understand what you want to have.
Don't use comparisons like as in Excel. I for my part have no clue what you want to do.
Probable that's why you did not get an answer.
Can you write it as user story what your plugin should do and then what part you want to use XML for.

Example:
As a user I want to export my user settings
 The user settings should be written as XML file.

Am 15. Februar 2018 06:11:06 MEZ schrieb Rushna Jabi <[hidden email]>:

>please  help?
>I didn't get any reply till now...:(
>
>On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 5:36 PM, Rushna Jabi <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I am working on OpenOffice plugin but I want to add Custom Xml Part
>in
>> OpenOffice like Ms-Office.
>> please tell me it's possible or not in Openoffice.
>> if it is possible then, How?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Rushna Jabi
>> Software Engineer

Re: Custom XML Part

Andrew Pitonyak

I copied the sender, since I did respond, so he is probably not
subscribed to the list

I said about the same as you Peter.... but you said it better...

So, Rushna, be sure to respond to the list and indicate exactly what it
is you are trying to do since the people on this list are not likely to
know what "custom XML" means in MS-Office. I cannot even begin to guess.

On 2018-02-15 8:29, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> I do not understand what you want to have.
> Don't use comparisons like as in Excel. I for my part have no clue
> what you want to do.
> Probable that's why you did not get an answer.
> Can you write it as user story what your plugin should do and then
> what part you want to use XML for.
>
> Example:
> As a user I want to export my user settings
>  The user settings should be written as XML file.
>
> Am 15. Februar 2018 06:11:06 MEZ schrieb Rushna Jabi
> <[hidden email]>:
>>please  help?
>>I didn't get any reply till now...:(
>>
>>On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 5:36 PM, Rushna Jabi
>> <[hidden email]>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am working on OpenOffice plugin but I want to add Custom Xml Part
>>in
>>> OpenOffice like Ms-Office.
>>> please tell me it's possible or not in Openoffice.
>>> if it is possible then, How?
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Rushna Jabi
>>> Software Engineer

Re: Custom XML Part

Andrew Pitonyak

I don't know what that means....

How do you add the XML, is it visible? Is it generic?

I vaguely remember that you can attach a custom XML strong as a property to some embedded objects... I don't remember if I discovered this in OOME.odt or if it is in AndrewMacro.odt and I can't check right now

I don't know if it was saved with the document... I just vaguely remember that there was something like that... I think you would need to know which object you added the data to, but this is all a fuzzy memory...

Let me know if this is what you mean and are unable to find it...

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On Feb 15, 2018, 2:01 PM, at 2:01 PM, Rushna Jabi <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Thanks for reply.
>
>Andrew, In Ms Office document we can add Custom Xml Part i.e.
>information
>related to current document.
>we can access also that  information.
>please tell me , Is it possible in OpenOffice and how?
>

>Regards,
>Rushna jabi
>
>On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 7:17 PM, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> The people on this list are not likely to know about me office
>products.
>> Consider describing the behavior.
>>
>> ⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
>>
>> On Feb 12, 2018, 7:16 AM, at 7:16 AM, Rushna Jabi
><[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >Hi all,
>> >I am working on OpenOffice plugin but I want to add Custom Xml Part
>in
>> >OpenOffice like Ms-Office.
>> >please tell me it's possible or not in Openoffice.
>> >if it is possible then, How?
>> >

>> >Regards,
>> >Rushna Jabi
>> >Software Engineer

Re: Custom XML Part

Rushna Jabi
I have created OpenOffice plugin. plugin adds Header Footer ans classify
the document .... I am trying to generate the Logs of every document Like
time and date, PC-Name ,
Mac ID, IP Address and other information when user classify the document.i
want to add Meta data.

It's easy to maintain in Ms Office there is Custom Xml Part method. I just
want to know that how is it possible in OpenOffice.

Regards,
Rushna jabi

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 2:52 AM, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I don't know what that means....
>
> How do you add the XML, is it visible? Is it generic?
>
> I vaguely remember that you can attach a custom XML strong as a property
> to some embedded objects... I don't remember if I discovered this in
> OOME.odt or if it is in AndrewMacro.odt and I can't check right now
>
> I don't know if it was saved with the document... I just vaguely remember
> that there was something like that... I think you would need to know which
> object you added the data to, but this is all a fuzzy memory...
>
> Let me know if this is what you mean and are unable to find it...
>

> Sent from BlueMail <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=12095>
> On Feb 15, 2018, at 2:01 PM, Rushna Jabi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for reply.
>>
>> Andrew, In Ms Office document we can add Custom Xml Part i.e. information
>> related to current document.
>> we can access also that  information.
>> please tell me , Is it possible in OpenOffice and how?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Rushna jabi
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 7:17 PM, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  The people on this list are not likely to know about me office products.
>>>  Consider describing the behavior.
>>>
>>>  ⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

Re: Custom XML Part

Peter Kovacs-3
Do you want to create an ODS file as an index with additional data, so you want to be able to add metadata to each file in Open office?
Or do you want to create a new file type that acts like an index to documents that is stored?

Am 16. Februar 2018 06:08:59 MEZ schrieb Rushna Jabi <[hidden email]>:

>I have created OpenOffice plugin. plugin adds Header Footer ans
>classify
>the document .... I am trying to generate the Logs of every document
>Like
>time and date, PC-Name ,
>Mac ID, IP Address and other information when user classify the
>document.i
>want to add Meta data.
>
>It's easy to maintain in Ms Office there is Custom Xml Part method. I
>just
>want to know that how is it possible in OpenOffice.
>

>Regards,
>Rushna jabi
>
>On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 2:52 AM, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>

>> I don't know what that means....
>>
>> How do you add the XML, is it visible? Is it generic?
>>
>> I vaguely remember that you can attach a custom XML strong as a
>property
>> to some embedded objects... I don't remember if I discovered this in
>> OOME.odt or if it is in AndrewMacro.odt and I can't check right now
>>
>> I don't know if it was saved with the document... I just vaguely
>remember
>> that there was something like that... I think you would need to know
>which
>> object you added the data to, but this is all a fuzzy memory...
>>
>> Let me know if this is what you mean and are unable to find it...
>>

>> Sent from BlueMail <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=12095>
>> On Feb 15, 2018, at 2:01 PM, Rushna Jabi <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for reply.
>>>
>>> Andrew, In Ms Office document we can add Custom Xml Part i.e.
>information
>>> related to current document.
>>> we can access also that  information.
>>> please tell me , Is it possible in OpenOffice and how?
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Rushna jabi
>>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 7:17 PM, Andrew Pitonyak
><[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  The people on this list are not likely to know about me office
>products.

><[hidden email]>

>Part in

Re: Custom XML Part

Andrew Pitonyak

My assumption is that he wants the information to be embedded in the
document, saved with the document, and readable after the document is
loaded.

Take a look at OOME (http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.odt) and read
section "Uninterpreted XML Attributes"

This might do what you want.

On 2018-02-16 12:06, Peter kovacs wrote:

> Do you want to create an ODS file as an index with additional data,
> so you want to be able to add metadata to each file in Open office?
> Or do you want to create a new file type that acts like an index to
> documents that is stored?
>

> Am 16. Februar 2018 06:08:59 MEZ schrieb Rushna Jabi
> <[hidden email]>:
>>I have created OpenOffice plugin. plugin adds Header Footer ans
>>classify
>>the document .... I am trying to generate the Logs of every document
>>Like
>>time and date, PC-Name ,
>>Mac ID, IP Address and other information when user classify the
>>document.i
>>want to add Meta data.
>>
>>It's easy to maintain in Ms Office there is Custom Xml Part method. I
>>just
>>want to know that how is it possible in OpenOffice.
>>

>>Regards,
>>Rushna jabi
>>
>>On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 2:52 AM, Andrew Pitonyak
>> <[hidden email]>
>>wrote:
>>

>>> I don't know what that means....
>>>
>>> How do you add the XML, is it visible? Is it generic?
>>>
>>> I vaguely remember that you can attach a custom XML strong as a
>>property
>>> to some embedded objects... I don't remember if I discovered this
>>> in
>>> OOME.odt or if it is in AndrewMacro.odt and I can't check right now
>>>
>>> I don't know if it was saved with the document... I just vaguely
>>remember
>>> that there was something like that... I think you would need to
>>> know
>>which
>>> object you added the data to, but this is all a fuzzy memory...
>>>
>>> Let me know if this is what you mean and are unable to find it...
>>>

>>> Sent from BlueMail <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=12095>

>>information

>><[hidden email]>

>>products.

>><[hidden email]>

>>Part in

Re: Custom XML Part

Christoph Jopp-2
May I throw n a guess: There is something called UserDefinedProperties
or similar to that (I don't have an English version of OpenOffice at
hand). You can reach it in the GUI via File->Poperties->User Defined
Properties (or similar).
In the IDL reference there is an Interface
com::sun::star::document::XDocumentProperties with the Method
"getUserDefinedProperties".

Maybe this is what is meant?

Regards
Christoph Jopp