DRAT! I'm Experiencing a Senior Moment

WA.TWORSX via AOL-2
AOO415m1(Build:9789) -?? Rev. 1817496
2017-12-11 17:25

Windows10-x64 Home, DELL desktop

And, it does not quit!

There had to be a point in time when I was able to do this; unless
perhaps the original Excel sheet when converted over to AOO-Calc, the
white background palette came with it ?? In any case, I now have
forgotten how to do this.

I want to configure a Calc Sheet such that there are not grid lines and
all rows and columns show as a palette that is a bright white background
(i.e., not egg white) .

Please point me to the area that tells me how to accomplish my preferred
Calc Sheet format. Is this setting related to Styles in Calc?

Within an existing Calc Sheet, I have added an additional sheet; it
appears as I would like. But when I do: File > New > Spreadsheet, grid
lines appear and the background is an egg-white color.

TNX.

VinceB.

Re: DRAT! I'm Experiencing a Senior Moment

Brian Barker-2
At 17:03 22/07/2019 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>DRAT! I'm Experiencing a Senior Moment

Nothing wrong with being senior: join the club!

>There had to be a point in time when I was able to do this; unless
>perhaps the original Excel sheet when converted over to AOO-Calc,
>the white background palette came with it? In any case, I now have
>forgotten how to do this. I want to configure a Calc Sheet such that
>there are not grid lines and all rows and columns show as a palette
>that is a bright white background (i.e., not egg white) .
>
>Please point me to the area that tells me how to accomplish my
>preferred Calc Sheet format. Is this setting related to Styles in Calc?
>
>Within an existing Calc Sheet, I have added an additional sheet; it
>appears as I would like. But when I do: File > New > Spreadsheet,
>grid lines appear and the background is an egg-white color.

Let's start with that last situation. First, grid lines generally
appear in the editing view, but not in printed output (or in Page
Preview). Any grid lines you can see in printed output are actually
cell borders, set at Format | Cells... | Borders - and you can remove
them there. The grid lines in the editing view are normally a help,
but you can toggle them off at Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Calc |
View | Visual aids | Grid lines.

Do you mean that the background of a new spreadsheet is off-white?
That sounds as if you are working from a non-standard default
template. So the simplest thing to try first is to reset to the
original default template. Go to File | Templates > | Organise... .
Under Commands, do you see Reset Default Template > | Spreadsheet? If
not, this is not your problem or solution. If you do, click that to
reset to the original default template as installed with the program.
Try this first.

But yes: the background colour of cells and sheets will indeed be
preserved in a document file, so if your particular spreadsheet has
unwanted background colours, you can reset these at Format | Cells...
| Background. Note that you can select entire sheets for this purpose
using Edit | Select All or Ctrl+A or by clicking the small rectangle
at top left, where the column and row headers meet.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker