DUMBEST QUESTION EVER ASKED?????

wf3w
Hi users,

I have never used any spreadsheet.

As an Amateur Radio Operator currently designing antennas, I find many
routines in spreadsheet form.

How in the wide-wide-world-of-sports do u make the thing CALCULATE or RUN
or what ever it takes to get answers/results??

I have tried F9 and Solver. I have devowerd HELP.

TNX for ur time & guidance,

Phil, WF3W
'Genius' Pill - Top 1% Didn't Want The Public To Know About
The Brain Insider
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5b7d8a12e1e17a1230c9st04vuc

Re: DUMBEST QUESTION EVER ASKED?????

David Robley
On 23/08/18 01:34, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi users,
>
> I have never used any spreadsheet.
>
> As an Amateur Radio Operator currently designing antennas, I find many
> routines in spreadsheet form.
>
> How in the wide-wide-world-of-sports do u make the thing CALCULATE or RUN
> or what ever it takes to get answers/results??
>
> I have tried F9 and Solver. I have devowerd HELP.
>
> TNX for ur time & guidance,
>
> Phil, WF3W
> 'Genius' Pill - Top 1% Didn't Want The Public To Know About
> The Brain Insider
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5b7d8a12e1e17a1230c9st04vuc
Broadly, a spreadsheet recalculates when data is added or changed AND
there are formulae that use that data. Exactly what is needed will of
course depend on the particular spreadsheet.

If you are new to spreadsheets, you may find the following to be useful
resources.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=39529
https://www.shorttutorials.com/openoffice-spreadsheet/index.html

Cheers
--
David Robley

Skiier: Avalanche looking for a place to happen.

RE: DUMBEST QUESTION EVER ASKED?????

Geoffrey Hartwell-2
From Help:
"Recalculate
Recalculates all changed formulae. If AutoCalculate is enabled, the
Recalculate command applies only to formulae like RAND or NOW.

To access this command...
Choose Tools - Cell Content - Recalculate
F9

Press F9 to recalculate. Press Shift+Ctrl+F9 to recalculate all formulae in
the document.
After the document has been recalculated, the display is refreshed. All
charts are also refreshed.
The Add-In functions like RANDBETWEEN currently cannot respond to the
Recalculate command or F9. Press Shift+Ctrl+F9 to recalculate all formulae,
including the Add-In functions."

With kind regards,
Geoffrey Hartwell
Eur Ing Professor Geoffrey M. Beresford Hartwell CEng
FIMechE FIET SenMIEEE(USA) FCIArb FICArb(India)
[hidden email]
http://www.arbitrator-engineer-gbh.co.uk/
Consulting Engineer, Chartered Arbitrator, and FIDIC Accredited Adjudicator