Dailies/Nightlies

Pedro Lino
Hi all

I'm glad that Windows nightly builds are working again. Kudos to all that
contributed.

There seems to be a problem updating the html page (at least for the
Windows builds)
https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
compared to
https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/

Is there any way to have access by ftp to the nightly builds folder?
I really would like to see actual file size and date before downloading...

Best regards,
Pedro

Re: Dailies/Nightlies

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 24/08/2016 Pedro Lino wrote:
> There seems to be a problem updating the html page (at least for the
> Windows builds)
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
> compared to
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/

I don't see differences, both are the same revision. Remember that there
are two CI jobs for Windows, the other binaries are at
https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/winsnap/ and that job
runs less frequently.

> Is there any way to have access by ftp to the nightly builds folder?
> I really would like to see actual file size and date before downloading...

Here you see the file size
https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/
and here you can match revision and date:
https://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Dailies/Nightlies

Pedro Lino
Hi Andrea

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 24/08/2016 Pedro Lino wrote:
>
>> There seems to be a problem updating the html page (at least for the
>> Windows builds)
>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
>> compared to
>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/
>>

> I don't see differences, both are the same revision. Remember that there
> are two CI jobs for Windows, the other binaries are at
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/winsnap/ and that job
> runs less frequently.

​They are matching today. Apparently​ it takes some time (a day?) for the
page to update.

> Is there any way to have access by ftp to the nightly builds folder?
>> I really would like to see actual file size and date before downloading...
>>

> Here you see the file size
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/

​Yes, I know that. I meant the exact size in bytes.

> and here you can match revision and date:
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7

​Yes, that is a workaround. So the simple answer to ftp is no.

BTW does the daily build mean that the exact same build (1756231) was
compiled 7 days in a row? Isn't that a waste of energy?​

​Regards,
Pedro​

Re: Dailies/Nightlies

Andrea Pescetti-2
Pedro Lino wrote:
> ​They are matching today. Apparently​ it takes some time (a day?) for the
> page to update.

It is done automatically, but I have no idea when the cron jobs run.

> ​Yes, that is a workaround. So the simple answer to ftp is no.

Indeed. No FTP.

> BTW does the daily build mean that the exact same build (1756231) was
> compiled 7 days in a row? Isn't that a waste of energy?​

Not necessarily, since the server environment changes (we upgrade
libraries and other). So, even if we are building the same code, it is
still important to us to check that it builds correctly.

Regards,
   Andrea.