Design Docs?

Steve Lubbs
Hi All,

I asked this question in recruitment but this may be the proper place
for it.

Is there any design documentation, especially related to structure (what
are the modules, what is their function, how do they interact, etc.),
however minimal, that you can point me to to help in wading through the
code? I'm hoping to avoid reverse engineering the code.

If the answer to my query is available somewhere I should have seen it,
I apologize.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Lubbs

Re: Design Docs?

Carl Marcum
Hi Steve,

On 12/18/20 8:06 PM, Steve Lubbs wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I asked this question in recruitment but this may be the proper place
> for it.
>
> Is there any design documentation, especially related to structure
> (what are the modules, what is their function, how do they interact,
> etc.), however minimal, that you can point me to to help in wading
> through the code? I'm hoping to avoid reverse engineering the code.
>
> If the answer to my query is available somewhere I should have seen
> it, I apologize.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Steve Lubbs

Maybe one of the developers can point you to better information.
I have found a page for the modules here [1].
And links to specifications here [2].

[1] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Modules
[2] http://www.openoffice.org/specs/

Best regards,
Carl

Re: Design Docs?

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi all.

I add to the list.

At [3] you can read on the Framework, and get an basic Idea how it is
linked.

At [4] I started to extend the list you see in [2] and try to have a
short description what you find.

At[5] you find a draw Document I created that tries to give you some
hint which module depends on what. However I used the build information
for this. Not sure it is accurate

And there is the API documentation of course at [6]

Maybe there is more. This is what I work with.

On 19.12.20 03:00, Carl Marcum wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> On 12/18/20 8:06 PM, Steve Lubbs wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I asked this question in recruitment but this may be the proper place
>> for it.
>>
>> Is there any design documentation, especially related to structure
>> (what are the modules, what is their function, how do they interact,
>> etc.), however minimal, that you can point me to to help in wading
>> through the code? I'm hoping to avoid reverse engineering the code.
>>
>> If the answer to my query is available somewhere I should have seen
>> it, I apologize.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Steve Lubbs
>>

> Maybe one of the developers can point you to better information.
> I have found a page for the modules here [1].
> And links to specifications here [2].
>

> [1] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Modules
> [2] http://www.openoffice.org/specs/

[3] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework

[4] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Main

[5] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Dependency_graph_trunc.odg

[6]
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/module-ix.html

All the Best

Peter

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

Re: Design Docs?

Peter Kovacs-3
I did an update to my latest version of my dependency file.

I did start with checking if the build dependency config is accurate or
not. And draw pictures from that.

Also I fixed errors when I found them. But still At least in my Opinion
this is not very useable map.

In general contributions are welcome, what works for you.

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

Re: Design Docs?

Dick Groskamp-4

On 2020/12/19 01:06:29, Steve Lubbs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I asked this question in recruitment but this may be the proper place
> for it.
>
> Is there any design documentation, especially related to structure (what
> are the modules, what is their function, how do they interact, etc.),
> however minimal, that you can point me to to help in wading through the
> code? I'm hoping to avoid reverse engineering the code.
>
> If the answer to my query is available somewhere I should have seen it,
> I apologize.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Steve Lubbs

Would this be of any help ?
https://www.openoffice.org/marketing/ooocon2006/presentations/tuesday_d2.pdf

Re: Design Docs?

Steve Lubbs
Thanks Dick. That does help, even if it's a little outdated. Every
little bit helps.