Developer Bounty re Add-Ons - PING Carsten & Clayton

Developer Bounty re Add-Ons - PING Carsten & Clayton

Claire Wood
Hello Carsten & Clayton

I've produced an outline of the document/information on wiki in ODT format
and I have some text files that cover questions from the pages on the wiki
you've highlighted need to be merged.

Where should I upload them too? Do you have a particular place on CVS?

--
Best wishes

Claire Wood

Re: Developer Bounty re Add-Ons - PING Carsten & Clayton

Clayton-24
On 09/19/10 19:01, Claire Wood wrote:
> Hello Carsten & Clayton
>
> I've produced an outline of the document/information on wiki in ODT format
> and I have some text files that cover questions from the pages on the wiki
> you've highlighted need to be merged.
>
> Where should I upload them too? Do you have a particular place on CVS?

Hi Claire.

You can either send them to me directly or upload the doc to the Wiki and link
it on your User page.

The advantage of sending to me direct is that.. it's easier :-)

If you link it on the Wiki, it's easier to find, harder to lose, we maintain a
document history, etc.

Up to you which you prefer.  I'm good with either one.

I'll try to manage the question side of things and chase own the various
developers for you.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [hidden email]
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead

Re: Developer Bounty re Add-Ons - PING Carsten & Clayton

Claire Wood
Hi Clayton

Is there a particular place on the wiki you'd like me to upload it to? If
so, can you send me instructions on how to do that please. I've only opened
and edited wiki docs. I'm familiar with booking into CVS but wasn't sure if
there is a designated folder for the Bounty work. I know how to link to
another wiki page so I'm assuming that's what you mean by linking to my user
page.

I've got the questions in text files at present so I'll copy them into ODT
format so it's easier to annotate when I get home this evening.

Regards

Claire

Claire Wood

On 09/20/10 13:35, Claire Wood wrote:

> Hi Clayton
>
> Is there a particular place on the wiki you'd like me to upload it to? If
> so, can you send me instructions on how to do that please. I've only opened
> and edited wiki docs. I'm familiar with booking into CVS but wasn't sure if
> there is a designated folder for the Bounty work. I know how to link to
> another wiki page so I'm assuming that's what you mean by linking to my user
> page.
>
> I've got the questions in text files at present so I'll copy them into ODT
> format so it's easier to annotate when I get home this evening.

Actually... now that I think of it, we can use the Documentation folders feature
of the Doc Project web pages. (this gets used so little that I forgot about it).
  It's much better to use this than cluttering up the Wiki.

Log into the OO.o website http://documentation.openoffice.org and then go to the
Documents & files section of the project pages:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

I've added a Bounties folder to the list of available folders.  Click the
Bounties link and you should see a message to the right of the list that says

Documents related to the various Documentation Bounties
There are no files in this folder.

Now click the Add a new file link at the top of the folder list.  Fill in the
form and upload the document.  This should place it into the Bounties folder.

If you can't see the links I describe, I may need to bump up your access rights.
   Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

No CVS needed, and we can add the direct link for the documents in any emails we
send around.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [hidden email]
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead

Re: Developer Bounty re Add-Ons - PING Carsten & Clayton

Claire Wood
Hi Clayton

The outline document is in the folder. I'll send you the questions direct to
your email address rather than on the list.

Regards

Claire