Developer snapshot DEV300m99 uploaded

marcus.lange

Hi,

developer snapshot DEV300m99 was uploaded.

Full installation sets are available for English (US) and language packs for ar, fr, de, ja and ru.

The rename of the productname to OOo-Dev allows the installation of the OpenOffice.org snapshot parallel to an OpenOffice.org final (released) version.

Attention:
This is just a message to inform you about the upload of the binaries to the extended mirror network. The files are available in ~24 hours when the files are distributed.

Release notes:
http://development.openoffice.org/releases/DEV300m99_snapshot.html

MD5 checksums:
http://download.openoffice.org/next/md5sums/DEV300m99_md5sums.txt

Kind regards,
the OpenOffice.org Release Team

Re: Developer snapshot DEV300m99 uploaded

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> developer snapshot DEV300m99 was uploaded.
>
> Full installation sets are available for English (US) and language packs
> for ar, fr, de, ja and ru.

So I wonder how we can get support for 'es'. Is there a process to arrange
this?

> The rename of the productname to OOo-Dev allows the installation of the
> OpenOffice.org snapshot parallel to an OpenOffice.org final (released)
> version.
>
> Attention:
> This is just a message to inform you about the upload of the binaries to
> the extended mirror network. The files are available in ~24 hours when the
> files are distributed.
>
> Release notes:
> http://development.openoffice.org/releases/DEV300m99_snapshot.html
>
> MD5 checksums:
> http://download.openoffice.org/next/md5sums/DEV300m99_md5sums.txt
>
> Kind regards,
> the OpenOffice.org Release Team

*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: Developer snapshot DEV300m99 uploaded

marcus.lange
Hi Alexandro,

with the developer snapshots we want to focus on testing the feature
implementions, not on languages or translation/localization.

To include coverage for several typing methods there are only a few
languages supported:
- complex text layout (CTL) with Arabic
- character types (e.g., Cyrillic) with Russian
- Bi-directional (bidi) with Japanese

With these criteria Spanish is already covered by English, French,
German (left to right, LTR) and Latin letters.

What about the new Continous L10N process? Here you have the newest
localization. Currently it's mostly only 1 milestone behind the normal
ones but even this could be improved, I think.

Best regards

Marcus

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Alexandro,
>
> with the developer snapshots we want to focus on testing the feature
> implementions, not on languages or translation/localization.
>
> To include coverage for several typing methods there are only a few
> languages supported:
> - complex text layout (CTL) with Arabic
> - character types (e.g., Cyrillic) with Russian
> - Bi-directional (bidi) with Japanese
>
> With these criteria Spanish is already covered by English, French, German
> (left to right, LTR) and Latin letters.
>
> What about the new Continous L10N process? Here you have the newest
> localization. Currently it's mostly only 1 milestone behind the normal ones
> but even this could be improved, I think.

Right I forgot about that for a minute. Still would need to research more on
the status since is still not clear to our testers how to jump on it.

*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: Developer snapshot DEV300m99 uploaded

marcus.lange
Hi Alexandro,

for Cont. L10N you should ask Rafaella or Ivo on the l10n mailing list
for status or help.

Best regards

Marcus