Dictionaries as extensions - feedback

Olivier R.-2
Greetings,

There have been arguments here about dictionaries as extensions previously.

I want to say that, imho, this has been a great success.

The dictionaries issue was a recurrent problem on the French forums
(where to find them, how to install them, configuration deleted, etc.)

Since the French dictionaries are provided as extensions, almost all
questions and issues disappeared.

I updated the French dictionaries at the beginning of november, and in 3
weeks only, the extension have been downloaded more than 1 million times
(most of them by the extensions manager update).

No more the same questions on the forums.
It just works.

Best regards,
Olivier

--

== N'écrivez pas à cette adresse. Réservée aux listes de discussion. ==

Re: Dictionaries as extensions - feedback

thomas.lange

Hi Olivier,

> Greetings,
>
> There have been arguments here about dictionaries as extensions previously.
>
> I want to say that, imho, this has been a great success.
>
> The dictionaries issue was a recurrent problem on the French forums
> (where to find them, how to install them, configuration deleted, etc.)
>
> Since the French dictionaries are provided as extensions, almost all
> questions and issues disappeared.

Nice to know. :-)

> I updated the French dictionaries at the beginning of november, and in 3
> weeks only, the extension have been downloaded more than 1 million times
> (most of them by the extensions manager update).

Wow!! That's a huge succees.
Congratulations to you!

> No more the same questions on the forums.
> It just works.

That's great to hear.

Then hopefully all that can still go wrong is having assigned the wrong
language. Sooner or later we should make use of language guessing when
typing a sentence to guess at least the initial setting of the language.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Thomas