Disable the auto opening of dialog boxes for tables and bullets in open office write.

Disable the auto opening of dialog boxes for tables and bullets in open office write.

Filipa Andrade
Hi,

I searched but I didn't find how to disabled the auto opening of
dialog boxes for tables and bullets in open office write.
Every time I am writing a document and pass over a table or a
numbering section a dialog box opens. I don't want this to happen.

How can I disable it?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Disable the auto opening of dialog boxes for tables and bullets in open office write.

Barbara Duprey
On 2/9/2011 8:44 AM, Filipa Andrade wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I searched but I didn't find how to disabled the auto opening of
> dialog boxes for tables and bullets in open office write.
> Every time I am writing a document and pass over a table or a
> numbering section a dialog box opens. I don't want this to happen.
>
> How can I disable it?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Are you referring to the tooltips that are normally shown when you are hovering somewhere, or to the
toolbars that appear when you click somewhere? For tooltips, go to Tools > Options, OpenOffice.org,
General, and deselect the Help Tips option; but note that a lot of other things will be invisible
then, too, like icon names. For toolbars, when one of these is showing either dock it to an edge
(which means it will appear there rather than popping up in your workspace) or use View > Toolbars
and deselect it (so if you want to see it again, you'll need to reselect it).

Re: Disable the auto opening of dialog boxes for tables and bullets in open office write.

Uwe Fischer-6
On 02/09/11 15:44, Filipa Andrade wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I searched but I didn't find how to disabled the auto opening of
> dialog boxes for tables and bullets in open office write.
> Every time I am writing a document and pass over a table or a
> numbering section a dialog box opens. I don't want this to happen.
>
> How can I disable it?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi Filipa,

in case you mean the toolbars that open when you click in a table or
numbered list, you can find some steps how to handle these in the
installed Help and in the Open Office Help Tips 'n' Tricks Blog at
http://blogs.sun.com/oootnt/entry/now_you_see_it_now

Hope that helps
Uwe
--

Uwe Fischer | Technical Writer
Oracle Office GBU

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande

Re: Disable the auto opening of dialog boxes for tables and bullets in open office write.

Marcello Romani
Il 09/02/2011 15:44, Filipa Andrade ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I searched but I didn't find how to disabled the auto opening of
> dialog boxes for tables and bullets in open office write.
> Every time I am writing a document and pass over a table or a
> numbering section a dialog box opens. I don't want this to happen.
>
> How can I disable it?
>
> Thanks for your help.

     yes they can get really annoying. You have two solutions: first one
is to dock them somewhere, so that when you click e.g. into a bullet
list the toolbar doesn't pop up cluttering the screen. Still, depending
on where you dock them, they can cause an interface resize, which can
still be annoying.
So the second option is: click inside e.g. a bullet list: the toolbar
appears. Now go to View -> Toolbars and de-select the bullet list
toolbar. From now on when the cursor is inside a bullet list the toolbar
won't appear anymore.
By re-selecting the toolbar in View->Toolbars you can restore the
predefined behaviour.

HTH

--
Marcello Romani