Disappearance of Saved Open Office Documents

Disappearance of Saved Open Office Documents

Linda K. Adams
 Last Friday all of my Open Office documents disappeared from my Windows 7 computer, and up to now I haven't been able to find or recover them.  I installed Open Office several years ago on the computer, so there were a number of documents.  I looked at the Community Support feature on the Open Office website but so far haven't located advice on what to do about this problem.
I have Symantec Endpoint Protection software on the computer and did a full scan but nothing showed up there.  I've checked the Recycle Bin, but the missing docs aren't there either.
Any help would be much appreciated - Linda

Re: Disappearance of Saved Open Office Documents

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:36:37 +0000 (UTC)
"Linda K. Adams" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Last Friday all of my Open Office documents disappeared from my Windows 7 computer, and up to now I haven't been able to find or recover them.  I installed Open Office several years ago on the computer, so there were a number of documents.  I looked at the Community Support feature on the Open Office website but so far haven't located advice on what to do about this problem.
> I have Symantec Endpoint Protection software on the computer and did a full scan but nothing showed up there.  I've checked the Recycle Bin, but the missing docs aren't there either.
> Any help would be much appreciated - Linda

The documents should be stored in the directory(s) in which they were created and stored.  If they do not show up on /File /Recent document, then the shortcuts to them have been lost, but the documents should be capable of being found by, in OpenOffice, using /File /Open and navigating with the navigation buttons to the directory(s) in question.  Once each document has been opened it will once again appear on the Recent Documents list.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>