[Discussion] Program for Sandro

123

[Discussion] Program for Sandro

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi all,

We have a new Volunteer for Programming. Please Welcome Sandro.
He has mainly experience in PHP and python, and we need a Student target for him.

I think maybe Sandro could have a look at our extention side. I think we use WordPress which would need Php web skills.
My idea is that we could create an additional info page for each file consisting of the information header of the extention.
Especially the License entry would become visible before downloading.
Of course we would need to build the data once for all the extention files already on the server.

This could be a first step in the direction to offer a filter by extention, or simplify the creation of the extention Pages.

What do you think?

RE: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie)
Another possibility: Earlier there was a question about updating the help files. We could use Sandro’s expertise to build those web pages. We could also use my utility to convert an open office write document to html. Then we could just create the help with write and convert them to html (or save to html) as needed.

Howard

________________________________

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

sandro-2

I loved that idea about Wordpress site. I just have a question about deadlines to each task, how is that handled usually?

Thank you,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

Peter Kovacs-2
Hi Sandro,

Deadlines are bullshit. Better do a proper planing. I have to do this often on projects, and you will need such a case in work guessing as a programmer. If you like we can train that. :)

So list all steps you need to do.
You could use user stories, they are pretty simple to handle.
Then write an effort next to it, what you think it takes. In first pass I would think in personal working days 8h or in one hour slices.
If you think in hours a work package should not be longer the. 4-5 hours.
If you think in PD a estimate should not smaller then 0.5PD.

You can start in big step thinking in PD and then split the package in smaller packages measured in hours.

If you are done you can sent the plan to the list. The dev community can review, and give you feedback.
Then we revise until all are great.

Just don't spent to much time on such tasks. The numbers never fit, and are only for giving every one an Idea what we facing.

If you have questions please ask. I just quickly tried to write practically what I think is best. Maybe I am not clear somewhere because there are so many aspects. ;)

Am 25. August 2018 18:19:43 MESZ schrieb sandro <[hidden email]>:

>Hi,
>
>I loved that idea about Wordpress site. I just have a question about
>deadlines to each task, how is that handled usually?
>
>Thank you,
>Sandro Suzart

>Assunto: [Discussion] Program for Sandro
>
>Hi all,
>
>We have a new Volunteer for Programming. Please Welcome Sandro.
>He has mainly experience in PHP and python, and we need a Student
>target for him.
>
>I think maybe Sandro could have a look at our extention side. I think
>we use WordPress which would need Php web skills.
>My idea is that we could create an additional info page for each file
>consisting of the information header of the extention.
>Especially the License entry would become visible before downloading.
>Of course we would need to build the data once for all the extention
>files already on the server.
>
>This could be a first step in the direction to offer a filter by
>extention, or simplify the creation of the extention Pages.
>
>What do you think?

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

sandro-2
Hi,

This is a good idea, that idea is amazing because it creates to me a great workflow that will function nicely and that I can maintain with easy so I can put the best practice into the task.

I will create a plan and send, I think I would spend a total 8 to 10 hours a week, which personally I would divide in 4 to 5 hours per day in the Saturdays and Sundays. What do you feel about that? Does it feel great?

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>  Livre de vírus. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>.

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

sandro-2
Also I would like to ask about the Wordpress program, because I liked the idea of develop Wordpress.

Thank you,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

Deadlines are bullshit. Better do a proper planing. I have to do this often on projects, and you will need such a case in work guessing as a programmer. If you like we can train that. :)

So list all steps you need to do.
You could use user stories, they are pretty simple to handle.
Then write an effort next to it, what you think it takes. In first pass I would think in personal working days 8h or in one hour slices.
If you think in hours a work package should not be longer the. 4-5 hours.
If you think in PD a estimate should not smaller then 0.5PD.

You can start in big step thinking in PD and then split the package in smaller packages measured in hours.

If you are done you can sent the plan to the list. The dev community can review, and give you feedback.
Then we revise until all are great.

Just don't spent to much time on such tasks. The numbers never fit, and are only for giving every one an Idea what we facing.

If you have questions please ask. I just quickly tried to write practically what I think is best. Maybe I am not clear somewhere because there are so many aspects. ;)

Am 25. August 2018 18:19:43 MESZ schrieb sandro <[hidden email]>:

>Hi,
>
>I loved that idea about Wordpress site. I just have a question about
>deadlines to each task, how is that handled usually?
>
>Thank you,
>Sandro Suzart

>Assunto: [Discussion] Program for Sandro
>
>Hi all,
>
>We have a new Volunteer for Programming. Please Welcome Sandro.
>He has mainly experience in PHP and python, and we need a Student
>target for him.
>
>I think maybe Sandro could have a look at our extention side. I think
>we use WordPress which would need Php web skills.
>My idea is that we could create an additional info page for each file
>consisting of the information header of the extention.
>Especially the License entry would become visible before downloading.
>Of course we would need to build the data once for all the extention
>files already on the server.
>
>This could be a first step in the direction to offer a filter by
>extention, or simplify the creation of the extention Pages.
>
>What do you think?

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>  Livre de vírus. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>.

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

Dave Fisher
The extensions and templates sites are Drupal based which is not WordPress.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 26, 2018, at 2:59 PM, sandro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Also I would like to ask about the Wordpress program, because I liked the idea of develop Wordpress.
>
> Thank you,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

Doh! *facepalm* Where did I take that from, ...
Okay, Drupal is still PHP.

Am 27. August 2018 04:55:11 MESZ schrieb Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>:

>The extensions and templates sites are Drupal based which is not
>WordPress.
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 26, 2018, at 2:59 PM, sandro <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>
>> Also I would like to ask about the Wordpress program, because I liked
>the idea of develop Wordpress.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Sandro Suzart
>>

>> ________________________________

As asked, here follows a time schedule.

Doh! *facepalm* Where did I take that from, ...
Okay, Drupal is still PHP.

Am 27. August 2018 04:55:11 MESZ schrieb Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>:
>The extensions and templates sites are Drupal based which is not
>WordPress.
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 26, 2018, at 2:59 PM, sandro <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>
>> Also I would like to ask about the Wordpress program, because I liked
>the idea of develop Wordpress.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Sandro Suzart
>>

>> ________________________________

Can't find the numbers. Some formats are filtered by the List or I got tomato eyes again.
Can you upload it somewhere (Google, Dropbox) and link the file?

All the Best
Peter

Am 27. August 2018 20:29:35 MESZ schrieb sandro <[hidden email]>:

>As asked, here follows a time schedule.
>

>________________________________

Andrea Pescetti-2
Peter kovacs wrote:
> Doh! *facepalm* Where did I take that from, ...
> Okay, Drupal is still PHP.

The PHP applications we, as a project, have are:

1. http://forum.openoffice.org/ phpBB

2. http://wiki.openoffice.org/ MediaWiki

3. http://extensions.openoffice.org/ (and Templates) Drupal

For #1 and #2 we take care of updates and development and
infrastructure, since they are hosted at Apache. These are the ones we
should work on.

Instead, #3 is managed directly by SourceForge.

If a newcomer is to focus on one of our PHP applications, #2 (MWiki) is
likely the best one. It is rather normal (while our installation of #1
is, for example, very confusing and hard to grasp for a newcomer), it
needs maintenance work and it is fully under our control.

If Sandro wants to work on MWiki I can provide further details and code
pointers. We are in the process of testing the new installation, so
there is room for help.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

sandro-2

Dear Andrea,

It is a jubilant experience to approach the PHP projects in so warm and great manner, that is motivating to expand the frontiers and make the project available and impacting. I like most the Wiki project because I think it is the easiest code and the most accessible tasks in the moment.

 I am certainly happy with that option and I think that in some time I might become greatly productive with Wiki because to me it is the most simple system structure from the options demonstrated. I feel that maybe I might take some time to produce many outputs but I am very happy with the Wiki project because I have a high confidence that I can handle it well.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
> Doh! *facepalm* Where did I take that from, ...
> Okay, Drupal is still PHP.

The PHP applications we, as a project, have are:

1. http://forum.openoffice.org/ phpBB
Apache OpenOffice - OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite<http://forum.openoffice.org/>
forum.openoffice.org
Apache OpenOffice Community Forums. The Free, Open Source Office Suite.

2. http://wiki.openoffice.org/ MediaWiki

3. http://extensions.openoffice.org/ (and Templates) Drupal

For #1 and #2 we take care of updates and development and
infrastructure, since they are hosted at Apache. These are the ones we
should work on.

Instead, #3 is managed directly by SourceForge.

If a newcomer is to focus on one of our PHP applications, #2 (MWiki) is
likely the best one. It is rather normal (while our installation of #1
is, for example, very confusing and hard to grasp for a newcomer), it
needs maintenance work and it is fully under our control.

If Sandro wants to work on MWiki I can provide further details and code
pointers. We are in the process of testing the new installation, so
there is room for help.

Regards,
   Andrea.

> Doh! *facepalm* Where did I take that from, ...
> Okay, Drupal is still PHP.

The PHP applications we, as a project, have are:

1. http://forum.openoffice.org/ phpBB
Apache OpenOffice - OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite<http://forum.openoffice.org/>
forum.openoffice.org
Apache OpenOffice Community Forums. The Free, Open Source Office Suite.

2. http://wiki.openoffice.org/ MediaWiki

3. http://extensions.openoffice.org/ (and Templates) Drupal

For #1 and #2 we take care of updates and development and
infrastructure, since they are hosted at Apache. These are the ones we
should work on.

Instead, #3 is managed directly by SourceForge.

If a newcomer is to focus on one of our PHP applications, #2 (MWiki) is
likely the best one. It is rather normal (while our installation of #1
is, for example, very confusing and hard to grasp for a newcomer), it
needs maintenance work and it is fully under our control.

If Sandro wants to work on MWiki I can provide further details and code
pointers. We are in the process of testing the new installation, so
there is room for help.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi Andrea,

Can you specify at least one task? So Sandro can make a plan. I think sondro can not proceed if a goal can not be described.

@Sandro
The time you allocate to OpenOffice is up to you. I suggest we do a plan like before and we check with you the proceedings.
Is that fine for you?

All the best
Peter

Thanks!

All the best.

All the best
Peter

Am 30. August 2018 22:33:20 MESZ schrieb sandro <[hidden email]>:

>Dear Andrea,
>
>It is a jubilant experience to approach the PHP projects in so warm and
>great manner, that is motivating to expand the frontiers and make the
>project available and impacting. I like most the Wiki project because I
>think it is the easiest code and the most accessible tasks in the
>moment.
>
>I am certainly happy with that option and I think that in some time I
>might become greatly productive with Wiki because to me it is the most
>simple system structure from the options demonstrated. I feel that
>maybe I might take some time to produce many outputs but I am very
>happy with the Wiki project because I have a high confidence that I can
>handle it well.
>
>Glad,
>Sandro Suzart
>

>________________________________

I am enjoying a lot the vivid climate of cooperation and team spirit. I would like to tell that more programmatic goals maybe helps me in organizing my activity so I could work on a project in a more open manner.

Example: instead of a task on the Wiki's HelpContent to fix the navigation content, I could have a more broad task in the HelpContent update, then I could think on short term goals and mid term goals, like a "to do list" under a more broad task of HelpContent update.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
Can you specify at least one task? So Sandro can make a plan. I think sondro can not proceed if a goal can not be described.

@Sandro
The time you allocate to OpenOffice is up to you. I suggest we do a plan like before and we check with you the proceedings.
Is that fine for you?

All the best
Peter

Thanks!

All the best.

All the best
Peter

Am 30. August 2018 22:33:20 MESZ schrieb sandro <[hidden email]>:

>Dear Andrea,
>
>It is a jubilant experience to approach the PHP projects in so warm and
>great manner, that is motivating to expand the frontiers and make the
>project available and impacting. I like most the Wiki project because I
>think it is the easiest code and the most accessible tasks in the
>moment.
>
>I am certainly happy with that option and I think that in some time I
>might become greatly productive with Wiki because to me it is the most
>simple system structure from the options demonstrated. I feel that
>maybe I might take some time to produce many outputs but I am very
>happy with the Wiki project because I have a high confidence that I can
>handle it well.
>
>Glad,
>Sandro Suzart
>

>________________________________

Hi Sandro.

If you see something on our wiki-pages.
You can decide on yourself. There is no real command structure here.
If you need a user for editing the wiki, just write a request here.

Have Fun.

All the best
Peter

Peter kovacs wrote:
> If you see something on our wiki-pages.
> You can decide on yourself. There is no real command structure here.
> If you need a user for editing the wiki, just write a request here.

Right. Sandro, if we haven't created a MWiki account for you yet, please
ask here. Otherwise, please give us your username so that we can (if
needed) extend permissions for you in order to be able to do some
configuration tasks.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

sandro-2
Dear,

It is amazing, a really exciting journey that follows the pumps of heart beat is a glad and fantastic way, this certainly guides us through patterns of satisfaction.

Well, I have posted here a working schedule, also I will post a work plan of the WikiProject that I feel that will bring achievements to the page. I will upload it here because it helps and guides me for the work, and I can update it every 2-3 weeks.

Glad,

Sandro Suzart

________________________________
> You can decide on yourself. There is no real command structure here.
> If you need a user for editing the wiki, just write a request here.

Right. Sandro, if we haven't created a MWiki account for you yet, please
ask here. Otherwise, please give us your username so that we can (if
needed) extend permissions for you in order to be able to do some
configuration tasks.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

Peter Kovacs-3
Dear,

Have you asked a user Request? - Use a new thread for that please. -
Hope you are still with us, it would be sad if you already stop.

All the best

Peter

On 9/11/18 5:15 PM, sandro wrote:

> Dear,
>

> It is amazing, a really exciting journey that follows the pumps of heart beat is a glad and fantastic way, this certainly guides us through patterns of satisfaction.
>

> Well, I have posted here a working schedule, also I will post a work plan of the WikiProject that I feel that will bring achievements to the page. I will upload it here because it helps and guides me for the work, and I can update it every 2-3 weeks.
>

> Glad,
>
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

Dear Peter,

It is always amazing to show my commitment and passion for this project, I feel that it is so good to build together that it certainly drives all of us to happiness.

I just have been looking for sending a work plan to you, as I told in my last message. I will ask an user for the wiki project.

Well, I have the wish and I feel that I am plenty able to go on with long term perspective with this volunteering. Because since the time schedule is flexible and since I can work from anywhere (school, park, home ...) there is probably no interference in the activity and I think that nothing will prevent me from collaborate. If a have to move to another city, or if I work more in another project, I can always collaborate; the only thing that would stop would be internet connection ( if I do not have it at home) but it is easy to find free wifi anywhere, there are libraries and other buildings that offer internet access for free and also a computer to access.

So I will always be here, I just was doing the work plan while handling other tasks (such as a university test to September, 24. It is a calculus test, macroeconomics test and a management test in the same week... rs). I plan to always collaborate with you, always hold hands.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

On 9/11/18 5:15 PM, sandro wrote:

> Dear,
>

> It is amazing, a really exciting journey that follows the pumps of heart beat is a glad and fantastic way, this certainly guides us through patterns of satisfaction.
>

> Well, I have posted here a working schedule, also I will post a work plan of the WikiProject that I feel that will bring achievements to the page. I will upload it here because it helps and guides me for the work, and I can update it every 2-3 weeks.
>

> Glad,
>
> Sandro Suzart

123