[Discussion] Program for Sandro

123

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

sandro-2
I would like to do an user request. That user request would be to work on the wiki project, as discussed before in this list.

Thanks,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

Keith N. McKenna
On 9/22/2018 1:34 PM, sandro wrote:
> I would like to do an user request. That user request would be to work on the wiki project, as discussed before in this list.
>
> Thanks,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________
<snip>
Sandro;

Please send your preferred user name as a reply here. We will then
create your account.

Regards
Keith

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

sandro-2
Dear Keith,

My preferred user name is:

1) sandro.suzart or
2) sandro_suzart or
3) sandro-suzart

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
> I would like to do an user request. That user request would be to work on the wiki project, as discussed before in this list.
>
> Thanks,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________
<snip>
Sandro;

Please send your preferred user name as a reply here. We will then
create your account.

Regards
Keith

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

Peter Kovacs-3
Dear Sandro,

Glad to read about your determination. :) Lets get you doing something.

You can send it directly to my address if you like. I personally would
appreciate if we could store it somewhere more cloudy.

How about google drive or Dropbox. They offer free cloud space. And you
can setup the space easy.

Yea it is really cool that we are a cloud Project. I think it is great
that you are with us. Maybe we can make OpenOffice a bit more Cloudy. ;)

All the best

Peter

On 9/22/2018 11:17 PM, sandro wrote:

> Dear Keith,
>
> My preferred user name is:
>
> 1) sandro.suzart or
> 2) sandro_suzart or
> 3) sandro-suzart
>
> Glad,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

Sandro;

Your mwiki account sandro.suzart has been created. A temporary password
has been e-mailed to you under separate cover. Please be sure to change
it one first login.

Regards
Keith

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

sandro-2
Dear Peter

It is an amazing idea, very nice. Maybe one of those kind services ( Dropbox or Google) have a nice and amazing chat service so we could communicate in real time while working. It is nice to interact and it is glad, certainly it will drive us to joy.

I would like to try Dropbox and I would like to know if this service has means of communication in real time, like a chat?

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

On 9/22/18 7:32 PM, sandro wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> It is always amazing to show my commitment and passion for this project, I feel that it is so good to build together that it certainly drives all of us to happiness.
>
> I just have been looking for sending a work plan to you, as I told in my last message. I will ask an user for the wiki project.
>
> Well, I have the wish and I feel that I am plenty able to go on with long term perspective with this volunteering. Because since the time schedule is flexible and since I can work from anywhere (school, park, home ...) there is probably no interference in the activity and I think that nothing will prevent me from collaborate. If a have to move to another city, or if I work more in another project, I can always collaborate; the only thing that would stop would be internet connection ( if I do not have it at home) but it is easy to find free wifi anywhere, there are libraries and other buildings that offer internet access for free and also a computer to access.
>
> So I will always be here, I just was doing the work plan while handling other tasks (such as a university test to September, 24. It is a calculus test, macroeconomics test and a management test in the same week... rs). I plan to always collaborate with you, always hold hands.
>
> Glad,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

Chat Channel (was [Discussion] Program for Sandro)

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi all,

I am traveling a lot. The classic irc channel never worked for me,
because I get disconnects all the time.

So currently from my perspective we could set something up in threema,
slack or discord for real time chat.

I am also open for other mobile capable options. Just keep in mind it
has to work with a shitty german mobile connection.

If anyone knows a solution for IRC I would gladly participate in a
channel there.

All the best

Peter

On 9/26/18 3:13 AM, sandro wrote:

> Dear Peter
>
> It is an amazing idea, very nice. Maybe one of those kind services ( Dropbox or Google) have a nice and amazing chat service so we could communicate in real time while working. It is nice to interact and it is glad, certainly it will drive us to joy.
>
> I would like to try Dropbox and I would like to know if this service has means of communication in real time, like a chat?
>
> Glad,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

Re: Chat Channel (was [Discussion] Program for Sandro)

sandro-2
Dear Peter,

It is a very nice and amazing idea. Certainly it would improve our productivity, our team spirit would soar and we would appreciate every moment working together.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

On 9/26/18 3:13 AM, sandro wrote:

> Dear Peter
>
> It is an amazing idea, very nice. Maybe one of those kind services ( Dropbox or Google) have a nice and amazing chat service so we could communicate in real time while working. It is nice to interact and it is glad, certainly it will drive us to joy.
>
> I would like to try Dropbox and I would like to know if this service has means of communication in real time, like a chat?
>
> Glad,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

I feel that the chat channel (real time chat) can really improve our experience to more creativity, we could be able to communicate and interact in real time, certainly our productivity would soar, it would lead us to greater satisfaction.

Has anyone felt the same way about that idea? What is your opinion?

When I first gave the idea I was thinking about a communication between me and Peter, but as other guys liked that idea then I feel it could be an amazing experience to all of us.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________

On 9/26/18 3:13 AM, sandro wrote:

> Dear Peter
>
> It is an amazing idea, very nice. Maybe one of those kind services ( Dropbox or Google) have a nice and amazing chat service so we could communicate in real time while working. It is nice to interact and it is glad, certainly it will drive us to joy.
>
> I would like to try Dropbox and I would like to know if this service has means of communication in real time, like a chat?
>
> Glad,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie)
I can create a chat room to share or you can use another service to do the same thing
Howard

On 9/26/18 3:13 AM, sandro wrote:

> Dear Peter
>
> It is an amazing idea, very nice. Maybe one of those kind services ( Dropbox or Google) have a nice and amazing chat service so we could communicate in real time while working. It is nice to interact and it is glad, certainly it will drive us to joy.
>
> I would like to try Dropbox and I would like to know if this service has means of communication in real time, like a chat?
>
> Glad,
> Sandro Suzart
>

> ________________________________

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 06/09/2018 Peter kovacs wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
> Can you specify at least one task? So Sandro can make a plan.

It took a while, but here I am with a task.

One of the many things that would be nice to have is a new skin (i.e.,
graphical theme) for our MWiki
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page
(which is also being moved to a new server, but this is irrelevant to
this discussion).

This requires some PHP and design capabilities, and a tutorial is
available at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skinning_Part_1
and related pages.

Sandro, can this work as a task for you? All you will need is a standard
MediaWiki installation from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download (I
recommend the "stable LTS" version, since that is the one we are going
to settle on) and the tutorial above.

If you would like to receive the current skin (I don't even know if it
is a skin or just a set of CSS customizations) just ask and I can
provide it; but honestly I would start from
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins then find one that you
like and extend/customize it.

The logo must be updated too and Matthias already sent the new one.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Chat Channel (was [Discussion] Program for Sandro)

Gavin McDonald-3
Install the Slack app, or via the web goto the-asf.slack.com you will find
an #openoffice slack channel ready and waiting, been there quite some time
unused.

With HipChat going away, Slack is the option to use now.

I am there, lets see you all there too!

HTH

Gav...

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 2:12 AM Howard Cary Morris <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can create a chat room to share or you can use another service to do the
> same thing
> Howard

Gav...

Re: Chat Channel (was [Discussion] Program for Sandro)

Matthias Seidel
Hi Gavin,

Am 14.10.2018 um 11:46 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
> Install the Slack app, or via the web goto the-asf.slack.com you will find
> an #openoffice slack channel ready and waiting, been there quite some time
> unused.

Thank you for the pointer, I didn't know of it.

> With HipChat going away, Slack is the option to use now.
>
> I am there, lets see you all there too!

I'm in! ;-)

Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Chat Channel (was [Discussion] Program for Sandro)

Peter Kovacs-3
I am online now too.  Thanks Gavin.

Am 14. Oktober 2018 13:21:04 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Hi Gavin,
>
>Am 14.10.2018 um 11:46 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
>> Install the Slack app, or via the web goto the-asf.slack.com you will
>find
>> an #openoffice slack channel ready and waiting, been there quite some
>time
>> unused.
>
>Thank you for the pointer, I didn't know of it.
>

>> With HipChat going away, Slack is the option to use now.
>>
>> I am there, lets see you all there too!
>
>I'm in! ;-)
>
>Matthias
>

>> HTH
>>
>> Gav...
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 2:12 AM Howard Cary Morris <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I can create a chat room to share or you can use another service to
>do the
>>> same thing
>>> Howard

Dear Andrea,

It was fantastic. I begin working on the project today.

Glad.
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
> Can you specify at least one task? So Sandro can make a plan.

It took a while, but here I am with a task.

One of the many things that would be nice to have is a new skin (i.e.,
graphical theme) for our MWiki
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page
(which is also being moved to a new server, but this is irrelevant to
this discussion).

This requires some PHP and design capabilities, and a tutorial is
available at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skinning_Part_1
and related pages.

Sandro, can this work as a task for you? All you will need is a standard
MediaWiki installation from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download (I
recommend the "stable LTS" version, since that is the one we are going
to settle on) and the tutorial above.

If you would like to receive the current skin (I don't even know if it
is a skin or just a set of CSS customizations) just ask and I can
provide it; but honestly I would start from
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins then find one that you
like and extend/customize it.

The logo must be updated too and Matthias already sent the new one.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro

sandro-2
Dear Andrea,

I have read the tutorial,to my perception it is a welcoming "css" activity that gives me intense pleasure in doing. It says that I can use the skins through css, that is a thing that I can do with easy and joy, so this is the begin of the journey.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
> Can you specify at least one task? So Sandro can make a plan.

It took a while, but here I am with a task.

One of the many things that would be nice to have is a new skin (i.e.,
graphical theme) for our MWiki
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page
(which is also being moved to a new server, but this is irrelevant to
this discussion).

This requires some PHP and design capabilities, and a tutorial is
available at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skinning_Part_1
and related pages.

Sandro, can this work as a task for you? All you will need is a standard
MediaWiki installation from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download (I
recommend the "stable LTS" version, since that is the one we are going
to settle on) and the tutorial above.

If you would like to receive the current skin (I don't even know if it
is a skin or just a set of CSS customizations) just ask and I can
provide it; but honestly I would start from
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins then find one that you
like and extend/customize it.

The logo must be updated too and Matthias already sent the new one.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Chat Channel (was [Discussion] Program for Sandro)

sandro-2
Dear Gavin,

How are you using the chat channel, is it already working? How may I use it?

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
Am 14. Oktober 2018 13:21:04 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Hi Gavin,
>
>Am 14.10.2018 um 11:46 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
>> Install the Slack app, or via the web goto the-asf.slack.com you will
>find
>> an #openoffice slack channel ready and waiting, been there quite some
>time
>> unused.
>
>Thank you for the pointer, I didn't know of it.
>

>> With HipChat going away, Slack is the option to use now.
>>
>> I am there, lets see you all there too!
>
>I'm in! ;-)
>
>Matthias
>

>> HTH
>>
>> Gav...
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 2:12 AM Howard Cary Morris <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I can create a chat room to share or you can use another service to
>do the
>>> same thing
>>> Howard

I have followed your instruction. The Slack Site (https://asf.slack.com/) says that I need an account to access it. I would like to request one.

My greatest motivation for the chat channel is that it will be a facility for working everyday. Online with you in real time I plan to work about 2 hours per day from Monday to Friday and 10 hours in the weekends, it would become far easier to my personal management, besides that the possibility of collaboration would enhance my productivity and turn me happier and more joyful.

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
Am 14. Oktober 2018 13:21:04 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Hi Gavin,
>
>Am 14.10.2018 um 11:46 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
>> Install the Slack app, or via the web goto the-asf.slack.com you will
>find
>> an #openoffice slack channel ready and waiting, been there quite some
>time
>> unused.
>
>Thank you for the pointer, I didn't know of it.
>

>> With HipChat going away, Slack is the option to use now.
>>
>> I am there, lets see you all there too!
>
>I'm in! ;-)
>
>Matthias
>

>> HTH
>>
>> Gav...
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 2:12 AM Howard Cary Morris <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I can create a chat room to share or you can use another service to
>do the
>>> same thing
>>> Howard

Hi Sandro,

I sent an invite email so that you can join the #openoffice channel, let me
know how it goes.

Gav...

Gav...

Re: Chat Channel (was [Discussion] Program for Sandro)

sandro-2
Dear Gavin,

It was great and worked fine. What time zone do you use?

Glad,
Sandro Suzart

________________________________
I sent an invite email so that you can join the #openoffice channel, let me
know how it goes.

Gav...

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 3:42 PM sandro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Gavin,
>
> I have followed your instruction. The Slack Site (https://asf.slack.com/)
> says that I need an account to access it. I would like to request one.
>

> My greatest motivation for the chat channel is that it will be a facility
> for working everyday. Online with you in real time I plan to work about 2
> hours per day from Monday to Friday and 10 hours in the weekends, it would
> become far easier to my personal management, besides that the possibility
> of collaboration would enhance my productivity and turn me happier and more
> joyful.
>
> Glad,
> Sandro Suzart

Gav...