DocX

Henry Rappaport
Does anyone know if or how to open docX files with open office?

Thanks

Henry Rappaport

Re: DocX

Buck
Hello Henry,

Using a Windows platform I have opened many *.docx files with OO. All I have
done is either open it just as though it were an OO document through the
Open File function,  or if I used My Computer or Windows Explorer, I would
right click on the docx file and use "Open with." I just tried it again to
verify that I was telling yo the truth and it worked fine.

Regards,

Buck Castleberry

Does anyone know if or how to open docX files with open office?

Thanks

Henry Rappaport

Re: DocX

Julian Thomas

On 15 Jun 2014, at 22:46, Buck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using a Windows platform I have opened many *.docx files with OO.

It’s worked on all platforms for me.  You do need a fairly recent version of OO, and to set the file associations for .docx to OO.

jt

Re: DocX

許哲崇
When you try to open a .docX file, what does OpenOffice or Windows say?

> On 15 Jun 2014, at 22:46, Buck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Using a Windows platform I have opened many *.docx files with OO.
>
> It’s worked on all platforms for me.  You do need a fairly recent version
> of OO, and to set the file associations for .docx to OO.
>
> jt

Re: DocX

James Knott
On 06/15/2014 11:06 PM, 許哲崇 wrote:
> When you try to open a .docX file, what does OpenOffice or Windows say?

Re: DocX

Henry Rappaport
Thanks, Buck. I'll try it on my PC. I haven't had any luck on my Mac.