Document Specific Dictionary

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Document Specific Dictionary

Harold Fuchs-6
Using Writer 3.x, how do I share a document *together with* a
document-specific dictionary (specialised words, jargon etc.) so that
other users can edit the document without generating spelling errors for
legitimate words? By "share" I mean electronically over the net with
users possibly using OOo on different platforms.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England
Please reply *only* to [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hunspell 1.2.8 prerequirement for OOo 3.2 ?

Ruud Baars-2
After using some of the more advanced Hunspell features, preparing for
OOo 3.2, I discovered Ubuntu is still on Hunspell 1.2.6.

The more advanced spelling features require 1.2.8, so OOo 3.2, might
have Hunspell 1.2.8 as a prerequirement to be able to use these features
to the full ...

I hope this is in the picture for packaging ...

Ruud Baars


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hunspell 1.2.8 prerequirement for OOo 3.2 ?

Rail Aliev-2
>>>>> "RB" == Ruud Baars <[hidden email]> writes:

  RB> After using some of the more advanced Hunspell features, preparing for
  RB> OOo 3.2, I discovered Ubuntu is still on Hunspell 1.2.6.

  RB> The more advanced spelling features require 1.2.8, so OOo 3.2, might
  RB> have Hunspell 1.2.8 as a prerequirement to be able to use these
  RB> features to the full ...

  RB> I hope this is in the picture for packaging ...

It's true for Jaunty, but Karmic (next release) already has
hunspell-1.2.8.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/hunspell

--
Best regars,
Rail Aliev

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hunspell 1.2.8 prerequirement for OOo 3.2 ?

Per Eriksson-2
Hi,

Rail Aliev skrev:
> It's true for Jaunty, but Karmic (next release) already has
> hunspell-1.2.8.
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/hunspell
>  


Is this anything that release should know of?

Per

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hunspell 1.2.8 prerequirement for OOo 3.2 ?

Rail Aliev-2
>>>>> "PE" == Per Eriksson <[hidden email]> writes:

  >> It's true for Jaunty, but Karmic (next release) already has
  >> hunspell-1.2.8.
  >>
  >> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/hunspell


  PE> Is this anything that release should know of?

Not sure. Hunspell 1.2.8 is already in repositories, OOo 3.2 is not in
RC stage at all. We need to notify Debian/Ubuntu only if they decide
to backport OOo 3.2 to Lenny/Jaunty.

--
Best regars,
Rail Aliev

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Document Specific Dictionary

Mathias Bauer
In reply to this post by Harold Fuchs-6
Harold Fuchs wrote:

> Using Writer 3.x, how do I share a document *together with* a
> document-specific dictionary (specialised words, jargon etc.) so that
> other users can edit the document without generating spelling errors for
> legitimate words? By "share" I mean electronically over the net with
> users possibly using OOo on different platforms.

Currently this is not possible.

Regards,
Mathias

--
Mathias Bauer (mba) - Project Lead OpenOffice.org Writer
OpenOffice.org Engineering at Sun: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".
I use it for the OOo lists and only rarely read other mails sent to it.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Document Specific Dictionary

Harold Fuchs-6
On 22/06/2009 07:59, Mathias Bauer wrote:

> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>
>  
>> Using Writer 3.x, how do I share a document *together with* a
>> document-specific dictionary (specialised words, jargon etc.) so that
>> other users can edit the document without generating spelling errors for
>> legitimate words? By "share" I mean electronically over the net with
>> users possibly using OOo on different platforms.
>>    
>
> Currently this is not possible.
>
> Regards,
> Mathias
>
>  
Thanks. "Currently ...". Plans?

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England
Please reply *only* to [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Document Specific Dictionary

Marcin Miłkowski
Harold Fuchs pisze:

> On 22/06/2009 07:59, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>>
>>  
>>> Using Writer 3.x, how do I share a document *together with* a
>>> document-specific dictionary (specialised words, jargon etc.) so that
>>> other users can edit the document without generating spelling errors
>>> for legitimate words? By "share" I mean electronically over the net
>>> with users possibly using OOo on different platforms.    
>>
>> Currently this is not possible.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mathias
>>
>>  
> Thanks. "Currently ...". Plans?

You can create a custom dictionary extension that you would share along
with a document. Installing it is just a couple of clicks, but creating
one is not so trivial. Basically, it depends on your language. For
English you can simply create a wordlist and fill the necessary details
in the description.xml. Look for examples at the
extensions.services.openoffice.org - there are custom dictionaries (like
medical etc.) that you could reuse as a starting point for your project.

Regards
Marcin

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Document Specific Dictionary

Harold Fuchs-6
On 22/06/2009 16:51, Marcin Miłkowski wrote:

> Harold Fuchs pisze:
>> On 22/06/2009 07:59, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>>> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>>>
>>>  
>>>> Using Writer 3.x, how do I share a document *together with* a
>>>> document-specific dictionary (specialised words, jargon etc.) so
>>>> that other users can edit the document without generating spelling
>>>> errors for legitimate words? By "share" I mean electronically over
>>>> the net with users possibly using OOo on different platforms.    
>>>
>>> Currently this is not possible.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mathias
>>>
>>>  
>> Thanks. "Currently ...". Plans?
>
> You can create a custom dictionary extension that you would share
> along with a document. Installing it is just a couple of clicks, but
> creating one is not so trivial. Basically, it depends on your
> language. For English you can simply create a wordlist and fill the
> necessary details in the description.xml. Look for examples at the
> extensions.services.openoffice.org - there are custom dictionaries
> (like medical etc.) that you could reuse as a starting point for your
> project.
>
> Regards
> Marcin
>
Thank you. I will consider this.


--
Harold Fuchs
London, England
Please reply *only* to [hidden email]



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Document Specific Dictionary

Mathias Bauer
In reply to this post by Harold Fuchs-6
Harold Fuchs wrote:

> On 22/06/2009 07:59, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>>
>>  
>>> Using Writer 3.x, how do I share a document *together with* a
>>> document-specific dictionary (specialised words, jargon etc.) so that
>>> other users can edit the document without generating spelling errors for
>>> legitimate words? By "share" I mean electronically over the net with
>>> users possibly using OOo on different platforms.
>>>    
>>
>> Currently this is not possible.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mathias
>>
>>  
> Thanks. "Currently ...". Plans?

No, no concrete plans. Thomas and I discussed the feasibility, but to
make that a feature other things have to be discussed:

- importance
- effort
- influence on the user interface, is it intuitive?

Regards,
Mathias

--
Mathias Bauer (mba) - Project Lead OpenOffice.org Writer
OpenOffice.org Engineering at Sun: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".
I use it for the OOo lists and only rarely read other mails sent to it.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]