Document jumping around

Chadley Wilson-2
Greetings,

I am writing manuals for our home grown accounts package.
I take a screen shot of various modules, I enable the drawing tool bar
and then creat a circle change its color and then double click on it and
enter a number, then I copy and past the circle and change the number
sequentially.

The problem experienced is as a result of the object being anchored to
page.
When I edit, select or move the object the page jumps up down.

I hope this explains the issue.

Is this a bug or feature designed to drive me NUTs :)

Is there a fix or work around. It wastes a lot of time when the screen
doesn't stay where you are currently working, and you ave keep changing
your point of focus.

TIA
Chadley

Re: Document jumping around

Bugzilla from rich@hq.vsaa.lv
i'm not sure you understood your problem correctly (maybe exact steps or
testcase might help), but there is a very similar thing.

in most cases when oo.org jumps the view, it is because it tries to
focus on the cursor or currently selected object. it is a feature and i
know of no way to disable it.

i believe that jumping to the cursor is ok (though there are a couple of
bugs connected with delayed jumping and incorrectly restored cursor
position after undo), but jumping to contain more of the selected image
is extremly annoying.

i usually see this problem when i want to precisely position several
objects on the page - for example, have several objects, zoom in a lot
and try aligning them the way you want. woohoo, you have to reposition
screen after selection of every object :)

i can't search for the issues right now, but it hing you should be able
to easily locate them in issuezilla (tinker with words "jump" and "view"
:) )

--
  Rich

Rich wrote:
> i'm not sure you understood your problem correctly (maybe exact steps or

i'm pretty tired. this should have been "i understood your problem", of
course.

> testcase might help), but there is a very similar thing.
..
--
  Rich

Re: Document jumping around

Chadley Wilson-2
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 16:41 +0200, Rich wrote:
> Rich wrote:
> > i'm not sure you understood your problem correctly (maybe exact steps or
>
> i'm pretty tired. this should have been "i understood your problem", of
> course.
>
> > testcase might help), but there is a very similar thing.
> ..

LOL ! enjoy , Thanks for the response...

Chadley

Re: Document jumping around

Dan Lewis-6
On Thursday 17 November 2005 08:13 am, Chadley Wilson wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am writing manuals for our home grown accounts package.
> I take a screen shot of various modules, I enable the drawing tool bar
> and then creat a circle change its color and then double click on it and
> enter a number, then I copy and past the circle and change the number
> sequentially.
>
> The problem experienced is as a result of the object being anchored to
> page.
> When I edit, select or move the object the page jumps up down.
>
> I hope this explains the issue.
>
> Is this a bug or feature designed to drive me NUTs :)
>
> Is there a fix or work around. It wastes a lot of time when the screen
> doesn't stay where you are currently working, and you ave keep changing
> your point of focus.
>
> TIA
> Chadley

     Have you tried to place your graphics in frames? Anchor the frames to
page, and anchor the objects within each frame to that frame. See if this
will help.

Dan

Re: Document jumping around

Chadley Wilson-2
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 11:07 -0600, Dan Lewis wrote:

> On Thursday 17 November 2005 08:13 am, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am writing manuals for our home grown accounts package.
> > I take a screen shot of various modules, I enable the drawing tool bar
> > and then creat a circle change its color and then double click on it and
> > enter a number, then I copy and past the circle and change the number
> > sequentially.
> >
> > The problem experienced is as a result of the object being anchored to
> > page.
> > When I edit, select or move the object the page jumps up down.
> >
> > I hope this explains the issue.
> >
> > Is this a bug or feature designed to drive me NUTs :)
> >
> > Is there a fix or work around. It wastes a lot of time when the screen
> > doesn't stay where you are currently working, and you ave keep changing
> > your point of focus.
> >
> > TIA
> > Chadley
>
>      Have you tried to place your graphics in frames? Anchor the frames to
> page, and anchor the objects within each frame to that frame. See if this
> will help.
>
> Dan

Will do
Thanks