Documenting what I'm learning

Steve Lubbs
Hi All,

I've been spending quite a bit of time reverse engineering the threading
and concurrency implementation and with an eye towards possible errors.
I'm documenting what I find as I go with the hope that it'll be useful
to others as well as myself. I'm not a UML expert by a long shot but I
think I can use it well enough so it'll be useful.

So if you don't here from me for a while it's not because I've left. I
just have my head down.

BTW, I'm going to see if Umbrello is useful for this.

Steve Lubbs

Re: Documenting what I'm learning

Peter Kovacs-3
Great,
BTW I did some graphs on confluence wiki concerning the build perl script.
Dontbknow where exactly something with development.

Am 31. Dezember 2020 02:02:16 MEZ schrieb Steve Lubbs <[hidden email]>:

>Hi All,
>
>I've been spending quite a bit of time reverse engineering the
>threading
>and concurrency implementation and with an eye towards possible errors.
>
>I'm documenting what I find as I go with the hope that it'll be useful
>to others as well as myself. I'm not a UML expert by a long shot but I
>think I can use it well enough so it'll be useful.
>
>So if you don't here from me for a while it's not because I've left. I
>just have my head down.
>
>BTW, I'm going to see if Umbrello is useful for this.
>
>Steve Lubbs

Re: Documenting what I'm learning

Patricia Shanahan
Health permitting I may be able to help with this. I used to help develop, test, and debug multiprocessor servers so I have spent a lot of time thinking about concurrency correctness and performance.

Patricia

> On Dec 30, 2020, at 17:02, Steve Lubbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I've been spending quite a bit of time reverse engineering the threading and concurrency implementation and with an eye towards possible errors. I'm documenting what I find as I go with the hope that it'll be useful to others as well as myself. I'm not a UML expert by a long shot but I think I can use it well enough so it'll be useful.
>
> So if you don't here from me for a while it's not because I've left. I just have my head down.
>
> BTW, I'm going to see if Umbrello is useful for this.
>
> Steve Lubbs

Re: Documenting what I'm learning

Leonard Fogli
Ok

El dom., 3 de enero de 2021 5:21 p. m., Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>
escribió:

> Health permitting I may be able to help with this. I used to help develop,
> test, and debug multiprocessor servers so I have spent a lot of time
> thinking about concurrency correctness and performance.
>
> Patricia
>
> > On Dec 30, 2020, at 17:02, Steve Lubbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've been spending quite a bit of time reverse engineering the threading
> and concurrency implementation and with an eye towards possible errors. I'm
> documenting what I find as I go with the hope that it'll be useful to
> others as well as myself. I'm not a UML expert by a long shot but I think I
> can use it well enough so it'll be useful.
> >
> > So if you don't here from me for a while it's not because I've left. I
> just have my head down.
> >
> > BTW, I'm going to see if Umbrello is useful for this.
> >
> > Steve Lubbs

Re: Documenting what I'm learning

Steve Lubbs
Thanks Patricia. From my former life I have a pretty good background in
threading and concurrency myself. What I'm doing currently is chasing
down who's doing what and where they're doing it WRT concurrency and
threading, documenting in UML as I go. I won't hesitate to reach out to
you if I feel can use some help.

Thanks,

Steve