Documents Format

Ron Crowley

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Dear Sir/Madam:
     I am a current user of  Apache OpenOffice 4 mainly used for creating documents.
During the creation of one particular document, each line of text was separated by each subsequent single-line spacing.  But, half way through the document, it changed to double spacing.  How do I restore the document to single spacing?
    Thank you for your assistance.
Ron Crowley

Re: Documents Format

Howard Blum
Consider selecting all the text, select double spacing and then select
single spacing for all the text.

On Feb 16, 2018 2:51 PM, "Ron Crowley" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Dear Sir/Madam:
     I am a current user of  Apache OpenOffice 4 mainly used for creating
documents.
During the creation of one particular document, each line of text was
separated by each subsequent single-line spacing.  But, half way through
the document, it changed to double spacing.  How do I restore the document
to single spacing?
    Thank you for your assistance.
Ron Crowley

Re: Documents Format

Martin Groenescheij

On 17/02/18 9:47 AM, Ron Crowley wrote:

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10
> Dear Sir/Madam:
>       I am a current user of  Apache OpenOffice 4 mainly used for creating documents.
> During the creation of one particular document, each line of text was separated by each subsequent single-line spacing.  But, half way through the document, it changed to double spacing.  How do I restore the document to single spacing?

OpenOffice works best with using Styles. Open the Styles and Formatting
window in Format from the menu bar at the top.
Select the last paragraph that use single-line spacing and see in the
Styles and Formatting window what style is used.
Now go to the next paragraph and see if it use a different Style. If
there is a different Style you can modify the Style by right click on
that Style.
This opens a next window where you select the Indents & Spacing tab here
you find the settings for spacing.
If this doesn't help you probably have unintentionally overwritten the
paragraph style you can solve this by selecting the paragraph and select
Default Formatting from the Format menu.