Documents created with OpenOffice to use in Family Treemaker will not open. How can I fix this problem?

Documents created with OpenOffice to use in Family Treemaker will not open. How can I fix this problem?

Charlotte Kochert

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Documents created with OpenOffice to use in Family Treemaker will not open. How can I fix this problem?

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 13:46:14 -0500
Charlotte Kochert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone

What format are you trying to import?  Does Family Treemaker claim to support that format?  My quick check suggests that Family Treemaker supports only
FamilyTree Maker files
GEDCOM
Personal Ancestral Files (PAF)
Legacy Family Tree
The Master Genealogist
formats, none of which are generated by OpenOffice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Documents created with OpenOffice to use in Family Treemaker will not open. How can I fix this problem?

toki
On 06/15/2017 07:32 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> What format are you trying to import?

The OP may think that because AOo can import GEDCOM files, it should be
able to export to GEDCOM. (This functionality is available by installing
an extension.)

Back in the days of OOo 1.1.x, a couple of people on one of the
genealogy lists were looking into creating a GEDCOM export filter, with
the actual data being stored in either Base or dBASE. I haven't seen
anything about that project in years, so I doubt it was ever publicly
released.

jonathon