Does AOO 4.2.x need new system requirements?

12

Re: Time to push on for 4.2.0

Andrea Pescetti-2
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> We then svn copy trunk to a AOO420 branch and
> start focusing on getting a 4.2.0 GA release out.

On my side, this looks OK but localization is still lagging behind.

Unless we deem it acceptable to get 4.2.0 out in English only (or with a
significant percentage of English strings in the UI even for localized
versions) this is still quite blocking, especially considering that
there is an entire localization community that will need to be reactivated.

Localization is, so to say, under my "ownership" (meaning: it's an area
where I've volunteered to lead the effort); but I can't commit to
getting it done by a certain deadline right now. Volunteers welcome, of
course; even beginners.

I do think we should try and get 4.2.0 out in all languages; but for a
beta it would be acceptable to have English only, or incomplete
translations.

Localization doesn't have a big impact in terms of branches since what
we have now is not aligned to the code anyway. And localization files
live in their own directory so conflicts are not to be expected.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Time to push on for 4.2.0

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> We then svn copy trunk to a AOO420 branch and
>> start focusing on getting a 4.2.0 GA release out.
>
> On my side, this looks OK but localization is still lagging behind.
>
> Unless we deem it acceptable to get 4.2.0 out in English only (or with
> a significant percentage of English strings in the UI even for
> localized versions) this is still quite blocking, especially
> considering that there is an entire localization community that will
> need to be reactivated.
>
> Localization is, so to say, under my "ownership" (meaning: it's an
> area where I've volunteered to lead the effort); but I can't commit to
> getting it done by a certain deadline right now. Volunteers welcome,
> of course; even beginners.
You can count on me.
But at the moment I am having troubles with po2oo or better how to get
the en-US template. ;-)

BTW: I managed to build Arabic and Ukrainian for Windows. There were
problems with packaging (NSIS). I could work around it, but am still
looking for a "real" solution...

Regards,
   Matthias

> I do think we should try and get 4.2.0 out in all languages; but for a
> beta it would be acceptable to have English only, or incomplete
> translations.
>
> Localization doesn't have a big impact in terms of branches since what
> we have now is not aligned to the code anyway. And localization files
> live in their own directory so conflicts are not to be expected.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Time to push on for 4.2.0

Pedro Lino-3

> Localization is, so to say, under my "ownership" (meaning: it's an area
> where I've volunteered to lead the effort); but I can't commit to
> getting it done by a certain deadline right now. Volunteers welcome, of
> course; even beginners.

I have previously volunteered to get the Portuguese version ready for release.
I am volunteering again.
Is there any work to be done on Pootle?

Regards,
Pedro

Re: Time to push on for 4.2.0

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 14.04.2018 um 16:32 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>> Localization is, so to say, under my "ownership" (meaning: it's an area
>> where I've volunteered to lead the effort); but I can't commit to
>> getting it done by a certain deadline right now. Volunteers welcome, of
>> course; even beginners.
> I have previously volunteered to get the Portuguese version ready for release.
> I am volunteering again.
> Is there any work to be done on Pootle?

There is always something to improve on Pootle. ;-)

But that's not the point here: We need to get Pootle and the source code
in sync again.

After that is done, there will be *a lot* of work to be done on Pootle...

Regards,
   Matthias