Quantcast

Does openoffice allows commercial use?

周齐军
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to ask a question about your policy for commercial uses. Our company sells system that includes a server to our customers. Do we need a license to install the openoffice software on the server?

Thank you for your help. And if we need to pay attention to anything else, please let me know. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Re: Does openoffice allows commercial use?

toki
On 05/06/2017 02:40 AM, 周齐军 wrote:

>a question about your policy for commercial uses.

The only requirement is that your firm honours the Apache License.

> Do we need a license to install the openoffice software on the server?

Rephrase your question.

As written, the best explanation is:
* Apache OpenOffice is distributed under the Apache License. If you can
get it to run on a server, you can do so. However:
** Apache OpenOffice is for desktops, not servers;
** Apache OpenOffice does not provide for cloud based instances;

jonathon

Re: Does openoffice allows commercial use?

Isaac Schrader
Yes commercial use is allowed.