Downloading Open Office Calc and Text program.

Downloading Open Office Calc and Text program.

Robert Cadden
I recently purchased a new Mac with the Mojave OS after using the Snow Leopard OS for many years.  I put all my open office records on a thumb drive thinking I would just download compatible Open Office spreadsheet and text programs and I’d be able to continue accessing my old Open Office docs.  I am able to open the Open Office text files by using Text Edit, which I am not fond of using, and of course I can’t open my Open Office spreadsheets with TextEdit.  Neither can I open them with the Apple Numbers program.

Obviously the solution is to download new Open Office spreadsheet and text programs that are backwards compatible with my Open Office files.  However, I can’t seem to find.the correct site to download what I need.  I go to the “Official Open Office” site and the program I can download is one about maps.  Can you help me with this problem?

Thank you.

Robert Cadden

Re: Downloading Open Office Calc and Text program.

David Belina-2
Open office is Apache open office.  Download the entire suite (just do it) at:  https://www.openoffice.org/download/

On January 29, 2019 at 4:16:52 PM, Robert Cadden ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

Robert Cadden

Re: Downloading Open Office Calc and Text program.

chuck ef
I am not sure what you are getting at. Did you download OpenOffice: https://www.openoffice.org

That should allow you to run your OpenOffice files, right?