Downloading problem

DaveB

-------- Original Message --------
From: Peter Harris [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 2019-01-10 22:03 GMT
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Downloading problem

> I am trying to get a template (basic address label
> <http://www.worldlabel.com/Pages/wl-ol875.htm> Size: 2.625" x 1", 30
> labels
> per US letter size sheet). After I download it, I open it and it is
> formatted in a Notebook style. Just a lot of gibberish. I need the actual
> template. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Peter Harris

Hi Peter,

It sounds like you may have inadvertently chosen the wrong download option.
World Label offer their label templates in 4 different file formats,
with the file extensions: ".doc", ".pdf", ".eps" and the one you want "ott".
Use the download button on this page
https://www.worldlabel.com/Templates/wl-ol875OOv2.htm

Be sure to save the template file (eg. right click and select "Save
link"), rather than trying to open it directly from the download link,
because some web browsers incorrectly identify the file type and wrongly
change the file extension.

Dave

never be read.

Re: Downloading problem

Peter Harris
Dave,
I must say that I am surprised someone actually replied to my email.

I have followed your instructions to the tee and I still get the Note
format and not the .ott. I even tried to reboot to see if that made
a difference.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

*  Peter Harris Home Inspections*
*      AHIT and NACHI Certified*
          *Certification # N-17061012*
*  "Buy Your Home With Confidence"*
*Serving all of Northeast Georgia*

Cell:     770-519-0767
[hidden email]
peterharrishomeinspections.com

*"There are two things you can control, your reputation and your
character."*

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:21 AM DaveB <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

Re: Downloading problem

Peter Hillier-Brook
On 11/01/2019 13:51, Peter Harris wrote:
> Dave,
> I must say that I am surprised someone actually replied to my email.
>
> I have followed your instructions to the tee and I still get the Note
> format and not the .ott. I even tried to reboot to see if that made
> a difference.
>
> Any other suggestions?

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but I had no trouble downloading
 the attached template (assuming that the list filter allows it through).

Peter HB

WL-875.ott (9K) Download Attachment

Re: Downloading problem

Dave AOO

On 11.01.2019 15:52, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:

> On 11/01/2019 13:51, Peter Harris wrote:
>> Dave,
>> I must say that I am surprised someone actually replied to my email.
>>
>> I have followed your instructions to the tee and I still get the Note
>> format and not the .ott. I even tried to reboot to see if that made
>> a difference.
>>
>> Any other suggestions?
>
> I don't know what you are doing wrong, but I had no trouble downloading
>  the attached template (assuming that the list filter allows it through).
>
> Peter HB

I had some off-list communication with the OP (not subscribed) and the
issue is a Windows file association problem. The clue was in his
original post: "formatted in a Notebook style." which eventually
translated into "Opens in Windows Notepad", but I didn't get it at first.

Hopefully, my reply helped resolve his issue.

Dave