Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Keith N. McKenna
Here is a link to a proposed "Powered By" Logo. All comments or offers
to improve it are welcome.
http://www.evernote.com/l/AY4y_8tHWYNGMpPJF1P2Glikiyhp58NZZ8o/

Regards
Keith

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Pedro Lino-3

Hi Keith

Looks good ;)

Attached is the same in true vector hacked with the original Apache Powered by from

https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/

joined with Matthias Seidel fixed AOO logo

Regards,

Pedro

pb_OpenOffice.svg (55K) Download Attachment

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Marcus (OOo)
Am 27.08.2018 um 01:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Looks good ;)
>
> Attached is the same in true vector hacked with the original Apache
> Powered by from
>
> https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/
>
> joined with Matthias Seidel fixed AOO logo

the graphic looks great. When it contains also the new Apache feather,
then it's perfect.

Marcus

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Dave Fisher

> On Aug 27, 2018, at 12:07 PM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am 27.08.2018 um 01:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>
>> Looks good ;)
>> Attached is the same in true vector hacked with the original Apache Powered by from
>> https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/
>> joined with Matthias Seidel fixed AOO logo
>
> the graphic looks great. When it contains also the new Apache feather, then it's perfect.
Powered by Apache Project Logos do not require the feather.

If we want to incorporate the feather in our project logo we can do so.

Regards,
Dave

> Marcus

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Marcus (OOo)
Am 27.08.2018 um 21:14 schrieb Dave Fisher:

>> On Aug 27, 2018, at 12:07 PM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Am 27.08.2018 um 01:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>
>>> Looks good ;)
>>> Attached is the same in true vector hacked with the original Apache Powered by from
>>> https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/
>>> joined with Matthias Seidel fixed AOO logo
>>
>> the graphic looks great. When it contains also the new Apache feather, then it's perfect.
>
> Powered by Apache Project Logos do not require the feather.
>
> If we want to incorporate the feather in our project logo we can do so.

that's what I wanted to express as IMHO it would look better.

Marcus

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Matthias Seidel

Hi Pedro,

Am 27.08.2018 um 01:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:

Hi Keith

Looks good ;)

Attached is the same in true vector hacked with the original Apache Powered by from

https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/

joined with Matthias Seidel fixed AOO logo

Great!

But if you export it to bitmap the inner area is transparent. I think the logo should have white background.

Regards,
   Matthias

Regards,

Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Marcus

> the graphic looks great. When it contains also the new Apache feather,
> then it's perfect.

The Apache feather is not part of the AOO logo so there is no requirement to include it
https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/Template.PNG

as you can see from the jpg logos of many of the Apache projects
https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy

In any case if someone wants to add it in or has a suggestion where to add it I can do it.

Regards,
Pedro

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Pedro Lino-3

Hi Matthias

But if you export it to bitmap the inner area is transparent. I think the logo should have white background.

It was deliberate. but I agree that in most cases it will work better with a white background.

Done ;)

My hack (I am not an artist) is based on existing Apache art and is obviously released under the Apache License

Regards,

Pedro

pb_OpenOffice.svg (56K) Download Attachment

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Pedro Lino-3

Hi Keith, all

Here is a link to a proposed "Powered By" Logo. All comments or offers
to improve it are welcome.
http://www.evernote.com/l/AY4y_8tHWYNGMpPJF1P2Glikiyhp58NZZ8o/

Attached are a slightly improved version of pb_OpenOffice and a version 2 using the "black with stars" ring used in all the examples at

https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/

(I don't understand why all logos are in the PSD proprietary format...)

both in svg and png

Also attached is a Blank template in SVG format so that someone in Apache can upload it to the poweredBy folder ;)

Regards,

Pedro

pb_OpenOffice.svg (51K) Download Attachment
pb_OpenOffice_v2.svg (48K) Download Attachment
Apache_PoweredBy_BlankTemplate.svg (26K) Download Attachment

RE: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie)

I am not sure what you want, but all the images you sent me are way too big.

Sending a more modest logo which you can play with.

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Dave Fisher
Hi -

The Apache Powered By Ring is a standard. Please do not alter the style.

One thought that I had is our Powered by Apache OpenOffice could just put the Gulls circle logo in the middle of the Ring

Regards,
Dave

On Aug 28, 2018, at 2:10 PM, Howard Cary Morris <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am not sure what you want, but all the images you sent me are way too big.
Sending a more modest logo which you can play with.

Here is a link to a proposed "Powered By" Logo. All comments or offers
to improve it are welcome.
http://www.evernote.com/l/AY4y_8tHWYNGMpPJF1P2Glikiyhp58NZZ8o/

Attached are a slightly improved version of pb_OpenOffice and a version 2 using the "black with stars" ring used in all the examples at

https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/

(I don't understand why all logos are in the PSD proprietary format...)

both in svg and png

Also attached is a Blank template in SVG format so that someone in Apache can upload it to the poweredBy folder ;)

Regards,

Pedro

For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Pedro Lino-3

Hi Dave, all

The Apache Powered By Ring is a standard. Please do not alter the style.

???

One thought that I had is our Powered by Apache OpenOffice could just put the Gulls circle logo in the middle of the Ring

Something like the attached image?

Regards,

Pedro

pb_OpenOffice_v3.svg (29K) Download Attachment

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Matthias Seidel

Hi Pedro,

Now this looks *really* great!

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 28.08.2018 um 23:45 schrieb Pedro Lino:

Hi Dave, all

The Apache Powered By Ring is a standard. Please do not alter the style.

???

One thought that I had is our Powered by Apache OpenOffice could just put the Gulls circle logo in the middle of the Ring

Something like the attached image?

Regards,

Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Dave Fisher
Hi Pedro,

On Aug 28, 2018, at 2:45 PM, Pedro Lino <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Dave, all

The Apache Powered By Ring is a standard. Please do not alter the style.

???

I meant that we should be using the Star version from the Foundation Powered By so that everything Apache aligns.

One thought that I had is our Powered by Apache OpenOffice could just put the Gulls circle logo in the middle of the Ring

Something like the attached image?

Yes!

Regards,
Dave

Regards,

Pedro

<pb_OpenOffice_v3.svg><pb_OpenOffice_v3_fromsvg.jpg>

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Pedro Lino-3

Hi David, all

The Apache Powered By Ring is a standard. Please do not alter the style.

???

I meant that we should be using the Star version from the Foundation Powered By so that everything Apache aligns.

Are you sure the Star version is the most recent? I just made it for fun... According to this page

https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/

the grey-with-dots is the most recent (that is why I offered the Blank Template in SVG)

One thought that I had is our Powered by Apache OpenOffice could just put the Gulls circle logo in the middle of the Ring

Something like the attached image?

Yes!

Should it mention OpenOffice (assuming some people don't know the seagulls) or is it too much?

Regards,

Pedro

pb_OpenOffice_v4.svg (43K) Download Attachment

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Dave Fisher
Pedro -

You are correct - I just saw an internal email where these are all incorrect for other projects.

Regards,
Dave

Hi David, all